MassCEC will continue accepting applications to the Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot Program until June 25, 2021 or until all funding is committed
Vocational Internship Program for Students
The Massachusetts Vocational Internship Program (VIP) is a workforce development initiative offered through the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC). The Program enhances the talent pipeline for Massachusetts clean energy companies and places skilled labor from vocational high schools in paid clean energy internships during the academic year.
Why should you be a Clean Energy Intern?
- Receive valuable work experience as you begin your career in this fast growing sector
- Get paid for your work during the academic year
- Opportunity for potential future employment
- Make connections with clean energy professionals
- Must attend a Massachusetts vocational/technical high school
- Must complete your school's own Co-Op eligibility requirements (i.e. grades, attendance, OSHA certification, etc.)
- Must not be an existing employee, or existing intern that has been on payroll for greater than six weeks at a host employer
Interns will be hired and paid directly by the host employer.The pay rate should be established prior to accepting the internship offer. Employers are expected to pay their interns on a schedule that is mutually agreed upon by student, Co-Op coordinator,and employer. Stipend subsidies for employers from MassCEC are available on a first-come, first-serve basis until MassCEC has committed the funds allocated to the program. After total allocation of funds, employers may still access the database of candidates and offer paid or unpaid internships at the employer's discretion. Employers may pay an intern(s) more than the subsidy rate. MassCEC will reimburse up to the full award amount ($7,680 per intern). Employers are not allowed to pay intern less than minimum wage per hour or have an intern sign a non-compete agreement. Students, Co-Op coordinators, and employers should be aware of and agree to the terms of the internship before starting any work.
For full program details and FAQ click here.