The Western Mass Clean Energy Workforce Summit will bring together employers, educators, workforce professionals and supplier diversity providers to discuss regional clean energy workforce and supplier needs, current workforce equity funding and partnership-building opportunities, and best practices to support the expanding needs of the clean energy ecosystem in Western Mass.
Audiences for the Summit include:
- Clean energy employers
- Employer associations
- Organized labor
- MassHire workforce boards
- Community colleges
- Career and technical high schools
- 4-year colleges
- Community-based organizations
- MWBE networks and support organizations
- MassCEC equity workforce grantees
The goals of the Summit include:
- Facilitating relationship building between Western MA clean energy industry, workforce, community, education and MWBE support organizations; support exploration of potential equity workforce partnerships; support exploration of MWBE support partnerships.
- Sharing information about Clean Energy Equity Workforce and MWBE support funding opportunities and how prospective partnerships can apply for planning, capacity building and implementation funds.
- Developing a shared understanding of Western MA clean energy industry workforce needs, and overlap with the regional workforce development system and MWBE support system.
- Inform the parameters for supporting a meaningful and sustained engagement among industry, education, workforce development and community partners in the development of the Western MA clean energy equity workforce ecosystem