MassCEC and DOER are currently accepting community proposals for the HeatSmart Mass program, with a goal of selecting up to 3 communities or groups of communities. Each community will choose one or more clean heating and cooling technologies to promote as part of HeatSmart Mass. The eligible clean heating and cooling technologies are air-source heat pumps, ground-source heat pumps, modern wood heating, and solar hot water.
Interested communities and community applicants shall complete the following steps:
1. Review RFP documentation: Interested communities should review the community request for proposal documents below.Review background and supporting information:
Community application documents:
2. Review background and supporting information: In addition to RFP materials, communities should review the HeatSmart Mass Resource Toolkit on the Program Background tab below, to learn more and prepare to apply and participate in a HeatSmart Mass program.
3. Attend the informational webinar: MassCEC hosted a webinar to provide an overview of each of the technologies and answer questions about both the HeatSmart Mass and Solarize Mass Plus Programs on October 7, 2019 from 1:00 to 2:00PM. If you couldn't attend the webinar, you can review the slides or a recording of the webinar.
4. Ask questions: Please submit all questions to the HeatSmart Massachusetts Team, at HeatSmartMass@masscec.com no later than 11:59PM on October 18, 2019. “HeatSmart Massachusetts 2020 RFP – Community Question” must appear in the email subject line. Responses to submitted questions, and other frequently asked questions, will be posted by October 25, 2019 at 5:00PM on MassCEC’s website. If you have a more complicated question or a unique situation you would like to discuss, please reach out to us at HeatSmartMass@masscec.com and we will set up a time to talk.
5. Submit a completed proposal: After reviewing the community request for proposals and communities shall submit a completed application to HeatSmartMass@MassCEC.com
6. Responses to this RFP must be received by MassCEC no later than 11:59pm on November 15, 2019. Only complete, timely responses will be considered. “HeatSmart Massachusetts 2020 RFP –Community Proposal” must appear in the email subject line.
The Installer RFP will be posted after the Communities are selected. Installers interested in applying to participate in the HeatSmart Mass program should review RFP for details once it becomes available and visit the Installer Resources page.