Before hiring an installer for your solar hot water system, it’s important to ensure they have the necessary skills and expertise to help you find and install the best product for your specific site.
Homeowners should consider asking potential contractors the following questions:
- Can you provide references from previous customers with similar systems?
- Have you participated in manufacturer training for the systems you would install?
- Do you install systems that qualify for MassCEC's rebates?
- Are you familiar with the application process for MassCEC’s Clean Heating and Cooling programs and willing to complete the process for me?
- When would you be able to perform the installation and how long will it take to complete?
- Will you hire subcontractors to complete portions of the project? If so, what firms and what will they do?
- Will you provide training for me on how to properly operate and maintain the system?
- Do you provide a warranty for the systems you install?
The following installers have submitted the Primary Installer/Designer Agreement(s).