MassCEC will continue accepting applications to the Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot Program until June 25, 2021 or until all funding is committed
1 - Job Opening 21557
Resonant Energy’s mission is to build wealth in environmental justice communities through the development of solar and storage projects for nonprofits, affordable housing, and low income homeowners. Thanks to innovative financing options and a focus on operational excellence, we are bringing the benefits of clean energy within reach for everyone. We are B-Corp certified and 100% employee-owned, and we take our commitments to our staff and partners very seriously. After five years of hard work, we are proud to be the #1 solar provider for nonprofits in the Northeast. And we’re just getting started!
The Solar Development Engineer leads solar PV project design and engineering at Resonant and is a core part of our technical team. Competitive candidates will be excellent communicators and problem-solvers who are excited to bring the benefits of solar to nonprofit organizations and environmental justice communities. Our projects range in size from 15 kW to 2 MW. Resonant Energy is deeply invested in the success of our employees. Job offers will include a pathway to employee co-ownership of the company within two years.
Solar PV Engineering - 60%
● Assess host customer sites: measure site dimensions and document electrical systems to create PV system design and apply for utility interconnection ● Evaluate existing site structural capacity and electrical system drawings ● Prepare solar PV layouts, electrical single line diagrams, stringing diagrams, and attachment plans in AutoCAD or equivalent ● Determine specifications for panels, optimizers, inverters, racking, attachments, and balance of system components ● Help troubleshoot problems for complex projects, including old buildings, parking canopies, and battery energy storage systems ● Ensure compliance with all applicable and upcoming AHJ codes, standards and regulations
Project Development - 40% ● Provide technical guidance and training for Project Managers on project design, cost estimation, and timeline ● Support Project Managers in procuring equipment based on Engineer’s designs ● Assist Project Managers and electrical subcontractors in preparing and submitting utility interconnection applications and permit applications ● Foster effective and respectful relationships with internal and external stakeholders throughout the development cycle ● Provide oversight and technical guidance to subcontractors and other construction subcontractors as needed (e.g. roofers) ● Potential for increased responsibility and compensation upon demonstration of capacity
Education: ● BA/BS in Electrical Engineering required; Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred ● We are happy to consider greater direct project experience in lieu of educational credentials, especially for candidates with demonstrated expertise in commercial rooftop solar design and engineering
Experience: ● Minimum 3 years in commercial solar design and engineering, 4+ years preferred ● Minimum 2 years of direct experience at a solar EPC firm ● Fluency in NEC, MA electric code, and MA building code ● Professional certifications will increase competitiveness (e.g., NABCEP) ● Expertise in energy storage system design and engineering preferred but not required
Language: English (native/fluent required)
Computer Skills: Google Workspace, MS Word and Excel, AutoCAD
Travel: Work will be split between our office in Dorchester, MA and site visits, which will require a car. The company reimburses mileage at federally set rates.
Availability: 9-6 PM, Monday-Friday
$85,000 - $100,000/yr, including bonus paid as a % of company net income.
● Wellness: 100% paid premiums for healthcare and dental insurance
● Retirement: Simple IRA with employer match up to 3% of salary
● Time Off: Competitive PTO and 8.5 sick days/year
● Transit: Tax advantaged commuter benefits available
● Professional Development: Dedicated budget for all staff members
● Co-Ownership: Can apply to become co-owner after two years for profit sharing and cooperative decision making
How to Apply:
About the Company:
EOE Statement: Resonant Energy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Individuals who require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act in order to participate in the search process should notify our Office of Human Resources.
Work Authorization Policy As a small business that invests heavily in new staff and in the long-term success of our community, we hope employees stick around for longer than 3 years. Resonant Energy will consider, on a case by case basis, hiring candidates on OPT work authorization and support them through the H1B visa lottery process.