- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Solar Array Layout Designer
North Andover MA
Contact Info Jobs firstname.lastname@example.org 978-688-4900
PanelClaw, a leading manufacturer of Solar PV Mounting Systems, is looking for a dedicated, hardworking, passionate CAD designer for its technical services team. The designer’s primary role will be to design solar PV mounting system layouts and to prepare project drawings and other customer-facing technical documents used during permitting and installation. This position will also be responsible for providing customer support through communication with customers, building officials, and internal departments, such as sales and engineering. Speed and accuracy in high pressure situations are critical. PanelClaw commits to quick turnaround times and error-free deliverables to our customers. A tenacious personality is a “must have” to meet the daily aggressive deadlines for project drawings. Also, deep knowledge of Auto-CAD is a plus; this position will be looked to in helping implement continuous improvements in automation to reduce turnaround times and eliminate opportunities for errors.
• Generating client-ready technical solar array drawings for commercial flat roofs.
• Generating a variety of technical project documents, including wind loading and force analyses.
• Maintaining technical library of product geometry.
• Providing customer support throughout the entire permitting and installation process.
• Interacting directly with customers and sales regarding all technical needs related to PanelClaw's products.
• Identifying and troubleshooting any problems that may arise in the field.
• Maintaining expert technical knowledge of all PanelClaw products and competitor products.
• 2-year degree in a technical or related field; or 3 years direct experience; BA/BS in a technical field a plus
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD
• Experience in preparing and presenting client-ready technical documents
• Experience with construction drawings preferred
• Expert knowledge in Excel preferred
• Fluent in math and geometry
• Experience in solar power industry preferred
• Competitive salary based on relevant professional experience
• Annual cash bonus based on individual and firm performance
• Competitive benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off
• Numerous opportunities for professional development and career advancement
How to Apply:
About the Company:
PanelClaw is the leading provider of flat roof racking systems in North America. Please see our website for details.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.