- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Senior Analyst, Energy Services (Electrical Engineer)
The Cadmus Group LLC seeks a talented and motivated Senior Analyst with a focus on grid edge technologies, such as energy storage and distributed generation. Successful candidates will have a background in electrical engineering background, feel comfortable energy storage systems and interconnection drawings.
Though many of the skills overlap with traditional engineering, this is not an engineering design position but, rather, an opportunity to apply engineering skills as part of a broader approach to accelerating adoption of renewable energy, reducing electricity consumption, and collecting/analyzing valuable data on how distributed energy systems operate under real-world conditions.
Cadmus assists our clients, from municipalities to electric and gas utilities to commercial facilities, in assessing renewable energy projects. Our team conducts feasibility and potential studies, offers project due diligence, and provides other relevant technical expertise. Our renewable energy team is growing quickly and is staffed with energetic and savvy individuals working in a close team environment; our team balances collaboration with self-direction, encouraging growth and entrepreneurial energy.
As a Senior Analyst on the Renewable Energy Team, you would be responsible for:
- Performing measurement and verification (M&V) on renewable energy and energy storage projects, including designing and deploying data acquisition systems to measure a variety of electrical and environmental factors.
- Providing technical support and guidance to the team on energy storage, distribution planning, smart grid, and related technical topics.
- Supporting studies to evaluate actual and projected impacts of distribution scale conservation efforts such as CVR, infrastructure upgrades, re-cabling, power factor correction, or similar programs. These may include power/load flow analysis utilizing various software tools.
- Interfacing directly with clients and project stakeholders—from small business owners to government officials to CEOs of large corporations.
- Supporting research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods.
- Documenting analytical findings in memos and reports to clients and/or internal project team and managers.
- Writing sections of reports, ensuring accuracy of content and adherence to format and other pertinent details.
- Supporting business development through professional networking, preparing proposals, and supporting strategic planning processes.
- Managing consulting projects of various sizes and collaborating with team members to ensure completion of tasks on time and on budget.
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering with a power systems emphasis or a directly related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency with at least one power flow or distribution planning models (e.g., CYME, PSS-Sincal, OpenDSS).
- Knowledge of networking and data acquisition systems and common protocols (e.g., ModBUS, DNP-3, MESA, BACNET).
- Experience with renewable energy related codes, standards, and interconnection methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical infrastructure principles such as basic grid operations, voltage/frequency regulation, load management, infrastructure planning and a basic understanding of power markets.
- Conversant understanding of energy storage and distributed generation technologies.
- High proficiency in MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent quantitative, writing, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Courteous and professional communication skills with a wide variety of clients and staff members.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an energizing environment.
- Registered professional engineer or EIT certification in at least one state.
- Work at, or for, a utility, particularly in a distribution planning or modeling role.
- Familiarity with Python, VBA, Matlab, R, SQL, Access, FileMaker, MongoDB, or other software programs and tools
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: https://careers-cadmusgroup.icims.com/jobs/1539/senior-analyst%2c-energy...
About the Company:
This position is based in Waltham, MA. Occasional regional travel and field work may be required.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran’s status, or disability.
To learn more about Cadmus, visit our website: www.cadmusgroup.com