- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Operations Preparations Engineer to offshore wind operations consultancy
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Operations Preparations Engineer, to support PEAK Winds expansion into the US market. PEAK Wind specializes in operations management and asset management of offshore wind farms. We are a young start-up company founded in Denmark in 2017 by a team of experienced specialist in the field of offshore wind operations and maintenance (O&M). Our current US customer references include Vineyard Wind.
In PEAK Wind
- We take pride in providing best-in-class commercial, financial, and operational advisory. With a dedicated focus in wind farm asset and operational management we ensure that wind farm owners secure and optimize their return on investment;
- We have a profound insight into large M&A transactions and investments and are trusted advisors for developers and investors in some of the world largest offshore wind farms;
- You will get the opportunity to work with some of the largest infrastructure investments globally together with our clients, which includes market leading utilities, investment funds and suppliers;
- You will be part of a motivated and competent team that constantly aims to provide market leading advisory.
You will be based in our newly established office in Boston (US, Massachusetts), from where you will be a part of then operations preparation team on one of our clients’ offshore wind farms in development or construction phase. Besides your key role working on a client’s project, you will as PEAK Winds first American hire together with the management team and Danish expert expats take an important role in building the PEAK Wind US presence, services and engagement with the market. You will act as engineer with responsibility for a range of operations preparation tasks. Examples of assignments are:
- Develop offshore O&M strategies and logistical concepts;
- Assess technical concepts and cost drivers for offshore wind in US;
- Develop local content strategies for O&M;
- Manage O&M interfaces towards EPC packages (wind turbine package, foundation package etc.);
- Develop and maintain an O&M lifecycle cost model (OPEX) for the project and validate modelling assumptions;
- Assess the US supply chain for O&M services and engage with potential suppliers.
You have a technical or operational engineering background with 2 to 5 years of experience. You have had some commercial exposure in studies or from your first job. Ideally, you have previously worked within the wind energy industry or energy sector, but we do not expect offshore wind experience. You are proactive, adaptive and a ‘can-do’ person combined with a structured and result-driven approach to problem solving. You are a skilled user of Microsoft Excel.
We offer a unique and challenging opportunity in “an industry of the future” where you can utilize your consulting capabilities with exposure to the market and customers. You will be part of forming the continued growth of PEAK Wind and participate in an entrepreneurial environment with focus on cooperation and a desire to change status quo. The position will offer global exposure as our customers work globally.
How to Apply:
Interested? Please contact Kristoffer Lundbak Eriksen, on phone +45 60 53 38 53 (using WhatsApp), or at email@example.com if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas latest 1st March 2019. Applications will be assessed on an ongoing basis. Applications to be send to firstname.lastname@example.org