- ABOUT MassCEC
Manager, Project Development
FirstLight Power (“FirstLight”), the largest clean energy provider in ISO New England today, is seeking a Manager of Project Development to support the company’s next phase of growth by leading the origination, management, and delivery of clean energy development projects. The company is focused on finding candidates with experience, passion and energy to be a driving force in FirstLight’s evolution from large clean power IPP to a company that will design, create and deliver integrated solutions to meet the clean energy needs of tomorrow.
FirstLight seeks a Manager of Project Development to lead its efforts to grow its development pipeline of solar, storage and other clean energy projects, including managing partnerships with third-party developers. Primary targeted technologies will be solar PV and lithium-ion storage, but the role will be encouraged to bring imagination and out-of-the-box ideas to the FirstLight management team.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of skills that enables them to thrive executing financial, technical, and policy-related deliverables. The position caters to one who seeks to make a difference in fighting against climate change by delivering market-based clean energy solutions directly to local energy users.
The Manager of Project Development will report to the Head of Corporate Strategy and will work across FirstLight’s business units, integrating with the Operations and Commercial teams, among others, to deliver mature projects to operation. The Manager of Project Development will join a highly motivated and collaborative team at a moment of transition for the company, as we aim to decarbonize the regional electric grid as fast as possible.
Core responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Create a project development plan for FirstLight including target technologies, locations, markets and offtake structures;
- Manage and grow an existing set of development projects being advanced by FirstLight in partnership with third-party developers;
- Develop go-to-market strategies that will focus on scale and long-term value creation;
- Maintain constant awareness of the dynamic regulatory environment and collaborate with FirstLight’s Director of Government Affairs to participate in policy dialogue, public comments, and lobbying where appropriate;
- Coordinate with the FirstLight Commercial team to originate offtake structures for the development pipeline;
- Coordinate with the FirstLight Finance team to position projects for project financing, where appropriate;
- Communicate effectively with FirstLight leadership, as well as the Board of Directors, on pipeline status, economic projections, and long-term value creation.
FirstLight is seeking candidates with 5 years or greater experience in the clean energy sector, with 2 years or more experience focused specifically on solar PV and/or lithium-ion storage development. Additional desired skills and experience include:
- Deep knowledge of clean energy market structures, policies, rules and regulations, ideally with existing knowledge on the U.S. northeast;
- Proven experience as a project manager, demonstrating capability to adapt, move quickly, and stay highly organized;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functional groups, as well as across a diverse set of external stakeholders and/or partners;
- Understanding of financial and economic concepts/dynamics underpinning clean energy project finance.
We consider our employees to be our most valuable resource and we strive to provide a challenging, collegial, and rewarding workplace. FirstLight embraces a company-wide commitment to recruit, develop, and retain a dedicated, diverse, and engaged workforce that is motivated to be ever better both professionally and personally.
Joining the FirstLight Team is an opportunity to experience a unique and exciting culture. Some of our benefits include:
• Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account
• 401(k) and employer matching
• Paid time off
• Professional Development
• Referral program
• Retirement plan
• Short & Long-Term Incentive Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• Charitable Matching Program
• Employer-Sponsored Volunteer Program
And so much more!
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly on our website here: https://firstlightpower.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2zq0nrsof8k
About the Company:
FirstLight is a leading clean power producer and energy storage company with a portfolio that includes nearly 1.4GW of pumped-hydro storage (including Northfield Mountain, the largest energy storage facility in New England), battery storage, hydroelectric generation, and solar generation—the largest clean energy generation portfolio operating in New England today. We have approximately 125 employees based in Massachusetts and Connecticut, and our corporate headquarters are located in Burlington, MA.
Our mission and vision is to accelerate the decarbonization of the electric grid by owning, operating, and integrating large-scale renewable energy and storage assets to meet the region’s growing clean energy needs and to deliver an electric system that is clean, reliable, affordable, and equitable.
Building upon our industry-leading experience in operating large-scale renewable energy and storage assets, FirstLight’s vision and commitment to leading the energy industry transformation makes us uniquely positioned to navigate rapidly evolving market conditions and grow our portfolio in New England and other US markets in the years ahead.