- ABOUT MassCEC
FirstLight is seeking a Manager of Engineering to join our team of experienced Operations professionals who ensure the safe and reliable output of FirstLight’s sixteen clean power and energy storage assets. The Manager, Engineering will oversee the FirstLight engineering team and provide engineering and technical support for all aspects of fleet performance. Key focus areas include actively managing the short and long term capital and major maintenance budgets, ensuring all project work is conducted safely, on time, and on budget, and real time troubleshooting and operations support. Additional duties include M&A due diligence efforts and managing engineering contractors. Past experience as a Chief Dam Safety Engineer or Dam Safety Coordinator is a major plus!
- Oversee the team of FirstLight engineers in Connecticut and Massachusetts covering Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Instrument and Controls disciplines
- Work with plant leadership in developing and prioritizing the CAPEX and major maintenance short term and long term budgets
- Coordinate closely with, and support, the Manager of Regulatory Compliance and Senior Operations Managers
- Troubleshoot real time problems in FirstLight operating facilities
- Participate in selection of engineering consultants and contractors and manage their work
- Advise on issues related to design and operations and review designs by contractors, others
- On project assignments, serve as part of the engineering and project team
- Due diligence on existing assets considered for acquisition
- Represent the company in public, professional organizations, etc., as appropriate
- Maintain technical libraries
- Complies with all FirstLight policies and procedures and carry out other duties as assigned
Chief Dam Safety Officer/Dam Safety Coordinator responsibilities
- Manage FirstLight’s Owner’s Dam Safety Program and ensure compliance with all FERC dam safety requirements
- Oversee the planning, scope, schedule, and conduct of complex and technically sophisticated engineering work related to the safety of dams, impoundments and water conveyances
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required
- Minimum of 10 years’ engineering experience involving engineering, operations, and/or maintenance of power facilities
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in MA and CT is desired but not required
- Ability to manage contractors, consultants, and other staff effectively
- A desire to solve problems and drive progress in all aspects of our work at FirstLight
- Demonstrable analytical skills and report writing
- Performance testing experience and OEM experience are preferred
- In-depth computer skills including database management
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English well and give presentations before an audience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Must have a valid driver’s license
We consider our employees to be our most valuable resource and we strive to provide a challenging, collegial, and rewarding workplace. FirstLight embraces a company-wide commitment to recruit, develop, and retain a dedicated, diverse, and engaged workforce that is motivated to be ever better both professionally and personally.
Joining the FirstLight Team is an opportunity to experience a unique and exciting culture. Some of our benefits include:
• Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account
• 401(k) and employer matching
• Paid time off
• Professional Development
• Referral program
• Retirement plan
• Short & Long-Term Incentive Plans
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• Charitable Matching Program
• Employer-Sponsored Volunteer Program
And so much more!
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may submit a resume to email@example.com or apply to our posting here: https://firstlightpower.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2zq0nrqi4dt
About the Company:
FirstLight is a leading clean power producer and energy storage company with a portfolio that includes nearly 1.4GW of pumped-hydro storage (including Northfield Mountain, the largest energy storage facility in New England), battery storage, hydroelectric generation, and solar generation—the largest clean energy generation portfolio operating in New England today. We have approximately 125 employees based in Massachusetts and Connecticut, and our corporate headquarters are located in Burlington, MA.
Our mission and vision is to accelerate the decarbonization of the electric grid by owning, operating, and integrating large-scale renewable energy and storage assets to meet the region’s growing clean energy needs and to deliver an electric system that is clean, reliable, affordable, and equitable.
Building upon our industry-leading experience in operating large-scale renewable energy and storage assets, FirstLight’s vision and commitment to leading the energy industry transformation makes us uniquely positioned to navigate rapidly evolving market conditions and grow our portfolio in New England and other US markets in the years ahead.
FirstLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, FirstLight complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
In addition, FirstLight values the following characteristics and behaviors in our team members:
- Respect: Showing respect for each other and the environment, fostering an inclusive and diverse team of employees, and providing a strong commitment to social responsibility
- Integrity: Exemplifying integrity in all business decisions highlighted through honesty, transparency, and trust.
- Safety: Providing a safe environment for our employees and for all visitors to our recreational facilities.
- Excellence: Continually striving to achieve the greatest level of operational excellence so that we produce the highest quality output and consistently deliver results.
- Innovation: Dedication to creating new market-leading solutions to stay ahead of unprecedented changes in the energy industry.
- Team: Creating an inspiring workplace that fosters open communication, collaboration, and accelerates personal growth. We seek to attract, retain, and develop the best talent in the industry to fuel our success. Diversity is a strategic advantage we need to cultivate.