- ABOUT MassCEC
ClearPath Energy specializes in originating and developing large scale ground mounted solar farms that fit well into the communities that host them. We pride ourselves in carefully selecting sites that are easy to permit and finance, and design our facilities with the land owner and neighbors in mind.
We are looking for a highly motivated and results-oriented GIS Analyst to join our fast growing team. This role is currently a part time position with 20hrs a week of responsibilities, however the ideal candidate is open to transitioning to a full time position in 3-6 months. The GIS Analyst would be working with the Prospecting Team to originate new solar sites by researching new target markets, managing large inventories of GIS data, building and maintaining suitability models, and performing site due diligence. This role also comes with dynamic growth opportunities, as we provide all employees with access to the co-founding partners of the company as well as other company wide departments, such as marketing, construction, and finance. This role is best suited for someone who enjoys process and problem solving, working with a fast paced team as well as independently, and a candidate looking to build strong experience in the solar and GIS sector.
This position can be performed remotely, but ability to come to our Brighton MA office when needed is preferable.
· Populate and manage GIS data inventories that include vector and raster data
· Research local bylaws and document findings
· Create design packages of vector and raster data to be use for PV design
· Create due diligence packages for assessing project viability
· Process GIS data for raster suitability models
- Experience with any GIS software such as ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, or QGIS
- Microsoft Office Suite, particularly using functions in Excel
- Ability to try, fail, and learn in an encouraging but fast paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail and excellent communication
- Experience with ArcGIS's Analysis, Data Management, and Spatial Analyst Toolboxes
- Attribute table editing
- Model Builder
- $25/hr to start
- Remote work with flexible work hours
- Opportunity for some field work if desired
- Comprehensive GIS application experience
- Extensive exposure to the entire solar development process
- Upon transition to full time; full time benefits apply
How to Apply:
Please submit your resumes to Colby Smith - CSMITH@CLEARPATH.ENERGY along with a short summary about yourself and your goals. Please include information about the type of work environments you like best, what excites you about working at a company like ClearPath Energy, as well as your hobbies and interests outside of work. We'd like to learn more about the person behind the resume.
About the Company:
ClearPath Energy is a renewable energy developer. We build large scale solar projects and focus our development efforts primarily in the North East. An agile team of 10, we are heavily tech focused and data driven. Our mission is to advance the adoption of renewable energy in the United States by providing an abundance of clean energy solutions to communities, businesses and landowners.