- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
PV Squared is currently looking for a General Manager. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General
Manager is responsible for organizing the day-to-day activities of the business, overseeing employees’
development and achieving team-based performance goals, maintaining open channels of communication,
and implementing strategies and policies to grow and develop the business.
Roles and responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
● Supervises and coordinates, under Board direction, the business activities of the co-op by managing
the people, capital, and physical resources.
● Supervises all departmental managers directly, and all personnel indirectly.
● Oversees the detailed operations of the cooperative, based on the goals, objectives, policies and
standards set by the Board.
● Furnishes information needed for long-range planning to the Board of Directors, including monthly
financial statements and operational metrics.
● Creates and implements annual operating, capital, and cash budgets in collaboration with the board.
● Maintains and creates new systems for optimal operational efficiency
● Makes recommendations that will assist in reviewing the organization’s objectives and goals in
establishing policies, regulations, and programs, and making related plans.
● Oversees the monitoring and managing of controllable expenditures within budget, including labor.
● Understands and utilizes the financial tools and reports available to support operations.
● Maintains, and revises as necessary, an adequate bookkeeping and accounting system.
● Presents to the cooperative membership at the regular annual meeting, a report of the cooperative’s
● Oversees hiring, training, supervision, performance and sets compensation for employees.
● Responsible for healthy development of the business in collaboration with the board and
● Navigates shifting landscape of the solar industry through trends, forecasting, and incentives
● Ensures compliance with all applicable laws: licenses, permits, health regulations, workers
compensation, & employment requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
● 5+ years demonstrated success in a business leadership position;
● Business degree preferred
● Experience in construction or solar industry a plus
● Experience managing systems, people and relationships
● Experience with facilitating consensus decision making
● Ability to promote inclusive and collaborative culture and facilitate cultural improvements
● Highly collaborative work style
● Strong, positive and clear written and verbal communication skills; proven ability to collaborate with
people across all levels and functional areas
● Ability to exercise diplomacy, sensitivity, compassion and confidentiality
● Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
● Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and other commonly used software, including Internet and
Full benefit package
How to Apply:
PV Squared is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation based on experience and qualifications. To
apply, please email your cover letter and resume (in pdf format) with “General Manager” in the subject line
to firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Company:
Since 2002, PV Squared has provided custom solar energy solutions to businesses and homeowners in the
Pioneer Valley and surrounding regions. We are driven by a commitment to building a healthier
environment, strengthening the communities we serve, and demonstrating the value of worker-owned
cooperatives as a generative business model.