- ABOUT MassCEC
Bot Watt, LLC
Analyst, Business Development, Communications, Data Analysis/Management, Marketing, Research, Software Development, Other
Contact Info Andrew Culkin email@example.com 5082846353
As a part of our growth strategy, we’re looking to publish blogs and articles revolving around trends and patterns in the data we are collecting. Your role as an analyst will be to search for trends in the data we collect, and publish articles based on these trends to our blog and social media accounts. To give you an idea of what kind of trends and articles we’re looking to publish, some sample topics our team have discussed previously are:
- “Top 5 Massachusetts S.M.A.R.T. Incentive awards granted in Q1 of 2021”
- “10 Largest clean energy projects in the US added to the Bot Watt platform in September 2021”
- “Q3 Analysis of the New Jersey TREC Program”
- “Companies awarded the most Massachusetts S.M.A.R.T. Incentive awards in May 2021”
As a part time analyst you will have the freedom to work on your own schedule, but will also be in charge of the entire process of coming up with the ideas to publishing the articles, generally this process will look like the following:
- Analyze the data to determine a question or figure to research and write about.
- Writing an outline of the article including charts, graphs, figures and coherent message.
- Going over the draft article with the Bot Watt development team and incorporating any changes or feedback.
- Writing the completed full article along with a concise title and blurb for posts/SEO.
- Deciding on the SEO metadata and publishing the completed blog to our site with our CMS platform.
- Posting the link to the article to our different social media channels with the blurb.
We are expecting this position to produce at least 2 articles/blog posts per week. We ask that you are able to set aside 5-8 hours for each blog post (conception to completion, 10-16 hours total). However, we will also work with each candidate to understand what time commitment is possible in each individual situation and if that aligns properly with our goals for this position.
We would like to speak with applicants that generally have the following experience.
- Experience with databases and complex queries with SQL (used specifically with a PostgreSQL database, although other varieties will be considered as well)
- Experience with ORM’s such as Sequelize or SQLAlchemy is preferred but not required if the goals of this position can be accomplished with plain SQL
- Data analysis experience working with large data sets and drawing useful conclusions based on time, location, cost, and other variables
- Ability to write a coherent 1 to 2 page article (3-5 min read) on a single topic or statistic, incorporating graphs and charts when necessary
- Ability to work with little supervision or guidance and incorporate feedback into future articles/blogs
This part time position has the ability to transition into a full time position if the quality of your work meets our standards and you enjoy working in this environment and for Bot Watt. Once a full-time startup employee, benefits mainly include stock options for the company.
How to Apply:
Please apply by using the Linkedin application page, listed here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2712173240/
About the Company:
Bot Watt is an online DaaS (Data as a Service) startup focused on the clean and renewable energy space. Our mission is to be the go-to source for all things related to renewable energy information across the US. We provide information about generating facilities, projects in development, and companies involved in the space to our subscribers in a variety of formats online. Our main point of competitive differentiation from other DaaS companies in this space (of which there are several) is that we’re focusing on gathering state and federal incentive information, combining it with other publicly available data, and presenting it into a usable format. We list projects that are currently in development, operating assets, and ownership information along with monetary clean energy incentives specific to each project. The renewable energy industry as a whole is extremely segmented and siloed, and we aim to change that with Bot Watt. Our current areas of focus are Massachusetts and New Jersey and we’ll continue to add additional territories based on the different incentive programs that roll out across the country.