Oversee municipal building facilities, excluding schools
• Establish and manage proper preventive maintenance schedules, building control system optimization and analytics, and energy efficiency
• Introduce reduction strategies, and policies and procedures, as well as the coordination of the staff and contractors involved with the maintenance of public buildings.
• Maintain oversight include daily planning, scheduling, and supervision over ventilation; air conditioning; mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, monitoring and alarm systems; building equipment; contracts; and vendors.
• Create and maintain maintenance schedules for the building, HVAC systems, and energy management for all city-owned buildings.
• Establish, maintain, and optimize contracts related to facilities and energy management including custodial company contracts.
• Maximize and optimize use of building control systems and analytics.
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with custodians, maintenance staff, City Department Heads, and gas/electric utility company.
• Provide information and training to other city staff on best practices in energy efficiency/energy management tools.
•Participate in capital planning process for municipal buildings.
• Apply for and implement energy efficiency and building-related grants