- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Environmental Nonprofit Office Manager
BOSTON OFFICE MANAGER WITH THE PUBLIC INTEREST NETWORK
The Public Interest Network seeks an Office Manager to join our team in Boston, MA.
THE PUBLIC INTEREST NETWORK
The Public Interest Network runs organizations committed to a cutting-edge vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to change. We work on issues, such as the environment and consumer protection, that highlight the need for a reassessment of our economic values and a new politics. Our campaigns challenge decision-makers and the rest of us to stop tolerating problems that are increasingly absurd in an age of advancing technology and growing abundance.
We are seeking a talented and driven Office Manager at our Boston office. Our Boston office houses over a dozen organizations responsible for numerous successes in Massachusetts and across the country, such as getting the lead out of school drinking water, improving Boston’s public transportation system, and eliminating the overuse of antibiotics. As the Office Manager, you’ll oversee office operations to help ensure the effectiveness of these organizations and enable the success of The Public Interest Network as a whole.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Boston Office Manager oversees the management of the Boston office for over a dozen organizations within The Public Interest Network. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the everyday functions of the office including maintenance and oversight of supplies, furniture, machinery, and all office spaces. Serve as the liaison and representative of our network to building management.
- Overseeing the Boston office’s budget, tracking expenses and income, requisitioning expenses, and proposing a budget that meets the needs of the organization’s objectives and principles.
- Supervising an office of 80+ staff, maintaining phone and internet systems, ordering supplies, maintaining and improving organizational systems, ensuring security protocols, and proposing and managing contracts with vendors. The manager also coordinates with a team of administrators representing each of the organizations housed in the office, working to complete projects and ensure a smooth-running office.
- Coordinating meetings, socials, and cleaning projects for staff, in order to build community and sense of ownership in the office.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- A positive attitude and the ability to work effectively with all different types of people
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Initiative and the ability to complete tasks efficiently
- The ability to quickly comprehend and utilize new programs
- Comfort in maintaining technical systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A track record of accomplishment.
The ideal candidate is passionate about political change, organizing, and movement building. Candidates must have excellent judgment and discretion and the ability to oversee significant projects. Additionally, candidates must be able to make a two-year commitment to the position. The position will include additional TPIN responsibilities, to be determined.
We are accepting applications who can start immediately, no later than June 1st.
PAY AND BENEFITS
The target annual compensation for this position is $26,500 in the first year. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
To apply, fill out our online application here: https://workforprogress.org/the-public-interest-network/?id=144. Please direct your application to Hannah Lacasse.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better future, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here: https://publicinterestnetwork.org/core-values.html for things you should know about our network before you apply.
Fund for the Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.