- ABOUT MassCEC
Engineering Project Manager
Via Separations is a rapidly growing Boston-area startup dedicated to eliminating CO2 emissions from industrial manufacturing processes. At the intersection of engineering, society, and impact, our team is passionate about making a difference and building the technology and organization to do it. We are a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team backed by leading venture capital firms. Our team has doubled in the last 6 months, and we are looking to add talented, mission-driven people to our cohort.
The Engineering Project Manager will work alongside a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists to help build and deliver solutions to customers in difficult to decarbonize industries. You will manage a range of stakeholders including internal teams (engineering systems and membrane teams), external partners and clients to coordinate the process of designing, building and commissioning our new and existing systems. Primary responsibilities include managing on-time and on-budget delivery of Via’s first commercial system, developing project management processes to support the business as it grows, and defining best practices for managing complex, multiple-stakeholder projects. This role has enormous growth potential as Via continues to grow rapidly, scale systems and expand our scope.
- Define work plan for months to years-long projects (including key activities, milestones, deliverables, risks and dependencies)
- Ensure on-time completion and accountability to project deliverables through management of internal and external activities
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners (vendors and clients)
- Structure technical team discussions to prioritize decisions and activities with competing factors of budget, time, risk, and scope
- Negotiate project details and terms with vendors and customers
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to identify key project risks and mitigation strategy for first-of-its-kind chemical processing systems
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing oversight and support for systems at customers sites
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these qualifications:
- BS/MS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or similar technical fields.
- A track record of planning and leading complex technical projects, with at least 1-3 years of technical or capital project management experience
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
- You love getting into the details, organizing information and guiding team members to achieve a collective goal
- You must be: a self-starter, team-oriented, adaptable, able to prioritize and balance multiple projects, and love to build, troubleshoot and think critically.
- Travel is required for this role, up to 20%, as is the ability to lift up to 40 pounds, climb ladders, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
- U.S. Work Authorization is required for this role
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Family Leave
How to Apply: