- ABOUT MassCEC
Engineering Manager, Field Team
Via Separations’ technology is the first commercial implementation of membranes in several difficult industrial applications. The Field Engineering Manager will be responsible for building, developing and managing Via’s Field Service team who installs, supports, and upgrades Via’s systems at sites across the US. You will perform data analysis on our pilot systems and coordinate cross-functionally to drive system and process improvements. This role has enormous growth potential as headcount increases, systems scale, and the organization continues to build scope and influence.
- Manage and develop a team of Field Service Engineers and Technicians
- Perform data analytics to optimize process performance; Summarize and present system data to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and execute project plans for the installation, operation, and testing of Via’s systems.
- Design and execute field experiments to achieve conclusive results for the cross-functional teams
- Systematic troubleshooting and root cause analysis of field failures
- Create tailored safety, system operation & troubleshooting training programs for employees, customers and service providers
- Participate in hazard analysis on system deployment (FMEA, HAZOP, etc.)
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for pilot and commercial systems
- 2-3+ years experience hiring, managing, and developing engineers or technicians
- Demonstrated interest in systems and performance data analysis
- Comfortable presenting results to a variety of stakeholders and being a professional face of the organization
- Experience with complex automated processing equipment preferred
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or similar is a plus
- Travel is required for this role, up to 50%, primarily in north America, with some potential for international travel
- Ability to work in an industrial setting including lifting, climbing ladders, and using Personal Protective Equipment
- U.S. Work authorization is required for this role.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
How to Apply:
To apply, click here!
About the Company:
Via Separations is a rapidly growing Boston-area startup dedicated to eliminating CO2 emissions from industrial manufacturing processes. At the intersection of engineering, society, and impact, our team is passionate about making a difference and building the technology and organization to do it. We are a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team backed by leading venture capital firms. Our team has doubled in the last 6 months, and we are looking to add talented, mission-driven people to our cohort.
We are passionate about global climate impact, optimistic about scientific progress, and unafraid of hard problems. We believe that our people are our unfair advantage, and drive our mission. We embrace the diversity of our team for creative solutions and believe the best ideas come from the intersection of disciplines and perspectives. We want you to join us!
Via prioritizes diversity of thought, access, and experiences and as such chooses to be an exceptional Equal Opportunity Employer.