- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Director Strategic Communications
Role and Scope of Position:
- The Director, Strategic Communications is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of Eversource’s communications strategy, working collaboratively with senior leadership to ensure communications programs enhance the company’s image with employees, customers, shareholders and government agencies.
- The Director, Strategic Communications will lead the company’s internal and external communications function into best in class within the industry and the community, specifically supporting the company’s efforts to earn top-tier customer satisfaction ratings from JD Power.
- Within the organization, he/she will support change management and transformation initiatives through clear and effective internal and external communications.
- He/she will be responsible for advancing the company’s objectives, strategic initiatives, and overall corporate image through integrated public relations efforts that include: advertising, brand, corporate philanthropy, crisis communications, digital, employee communications, financial communications, marketing, media (traditional and social) and thought leadership.
- Be a strategic leader and influencer within the company and the community; create and implement communication, public relations, and media strategies that maintain an effective balance between the broad communication objectives of the company with the specific communications requirements of the operational business units.
- Build strong working relationships with leadership and the communications team, while providing counsel, leadership, guidance and assistance in meeting communications objectives.
- Support the effort to define and manage Eversource core communication messages and corporate positioning, both internally and externally. Develop and manage the implementation of communication programs directed at customers, key stakeholders and public to improve knowledge, understanding and support of Eversource and its initiatives.
- Lead integrated communications activities, including advertising, brand, corporate philanthropy, crisis communications, digital, employee communications, financial communications, marketing, media (traditional and social) and thought leadership, to increase visibility and reinforce appropriate strategic messages and build market leadership. Provide counsel, guidance and expertise to the business in implementing their communications campaigns.
- Provide leadership and day-to-day management of the team.
- In partnership with management, lead team emergency communications response.
- Be capable of managing media relations activities in the production and dissemination of informational materials about Eversource and its programs to the media, while working with the them to ensure their information needs are met.
- Lead and direct the company’s advertising and brand strategy programs with a strong emphasis on corporate citizenship and digital presence.
- Assist C-level executives with content development for industry speeches or market messaging activities.
- Present to executive audiences both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in progressively more senior communications roles. Experience working with all levels of an organization, including senior management. Experience being the communication lead for crisis communication events.
- Demonstrated ability leading strategic communications and marketing program development and implementation.
- Direct experience working with media, ad agencies, interactive firms, government officials, regulatory bodies, investors, and PR companies.
- Demonstrated experience with web strategy.
How to Apply: