- ABOUT MassCEC
Data Analytics Consultant/Senior Consultant
Opinion Dynamics seeks a new team member who is passionate about decarbonizing the energy industry to join our Data Analytics team. The Data Analytics group is a dynamic and tightly knit team of individuals from a range of backgrounds working closely together on analytically challenging and methodologically innovative consulting, advising, and research projects to support energy efficiency and grid-focused needs. Our ideal candidate enjoys data analytics/science, data mining and data munging, is a problem solver, can effectively operate and navigate the dynamic environment of a consulting firm, and is excited to work with a multidisciplinary team of data scientists, statisticians, data analysts, and programmers.
Opinion Dynamics is a firm known for the excellence of our team and our commitment to a corporate culture that fosters innovative thought, growth and enrichment opportunities, passionate employees, collegiality and collaboration.
Preferred: Waltham, MA (Company headquarters), other locations across continental United States will be considered.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Demonstrated interest in energy, energy policy, or building science
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, quantitative social science, statistics, political science, economics, computer or data science, or related field
- Two or more years’ work experience in analytics, ideally evaluating energy efficiency programs and/or performing other forms of longitudinal data analysis, OR higher educational attainment with relevant coursework
- Strong programming skills in Python or R (including the standard data science stack)
- Experience importing, cleaning, and manipulating large datasets (500,000+ records) in the context of analytical modeling
- Experience with econometric modeling/statistical regression analysis, including model evaluation and validation best practices
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated track-record of thinking critically about your work and clearly communicating with other project staff and managers about your work
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with clients as well as ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong consulting and advising skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously and flexibly
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s or PhD in statistics, economics, engineering, or related field
- Programming skills in other programming languages (GIS, Stata, SQL etc.)
- Experience with version control software (e.g. Git) and collaborative code development
- Experience with machine learning methods
- Experience with data visualization tools and techniques (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Experience working on a collaborative, cross-functional team
401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Referral program, Retirement plan, Vision insurance
How to Apply:
Please apply on our website. Only applications with cover letter and resume will be considered. No phone calls, please!
About the Company:
ABOUT OPINION DYNAMICS
Opinion Dynamics advances knowledge to address emerging energy and social issues through sound and insightful research. Our inter-disciplinary team of consultants develops actionable and insightful research to support an array of clients, including electric and gas utilities, regulators, and stakeholders. Our research supports planning, assessment, and optimizing energy efficiency, demand response, and renewable energy programs. Our team uses a customized approach leveraging innovative methodologies to answer our client’s questions. Our company fosters innovative thought, collegiality, and growth opportunities for our employees.
Opinion Dynamics is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, parental status, military status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer-related, or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.