- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Commercial Energy Efficiency Manager
The Commercial Energy Efficiency Manager oversees energy efficiency programs that deliver direct installation of lighting, HVAC, building envelope or control technologies throughout the southern New England region. The Commercial Energy Efficiency Manager oversees a team of technical specialists and is responsible for several energy efficiency program contracts designed for commercial and multi-family sites. Critical functions of the Commercial Energy Efficiency Manager are staff coaching, client liaison, and operational delivery to service customers. For 40 years, CET has helped people and businesses save energy and reduce waste. We are passionate about our environmental mission and pride ourselves on offering innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions.
- Manages the team to identify and document energy saving opportunities and ensure successful implementation and delivery of the technical services for a diverse and changing portfolio of projects. Supports the department in identifying technical solutions and navigating the commercial and industrial program offerings.
- The Commercial Energy Efficiency Manager provides leadership through setting goals, delegating to utilize employee strength, coaching, and fostering teamwork. Ensures field staff meet program, quality, and services standards, implementing training plans or other measures to ensure that staff is equipped to deliver expected results to our customers.
- Develops and implements operations strategy, assessing risks and identifying corrective actions to optimize the department’s functions to ensure budgetary goals are met and meet our ambitious growth targets.
- Serves as a client liaison for existing and new commercial and industrial programs.
- Implements an entrepreneurial approach in order to create and expand opportunities with existing and new clients, and to deploy the full range of services we offer.
- Provides outreach, education and technical assistance throughout the consultation process.
What You Offer
You have a commitment to CET’s non-profit environmental mission. Technical requirements are:
- A BA/BS degree.
- Minimum of 5 years proven management success.
- Preferably 2 years of management in the field of energy efficiency and ideally in the commercial business marketplace
- Working knowledge or ability to learn state and federal energy programs and incentives.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and CRM software required, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and use of reliable, registered and insured vehicle.
- Ability to pass drug test and background check
You should have strong interpersonal skills including written, phone, email and verbal. Must be able to set clear goals and create a team environment. Lead through example to inspire others. Work style should be problem-solving, flexible, creative, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
What We Offer
This is a full-time salary exempt position. This job comes with excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; medical and dental insurance, employer paid life and AD&D insurance; access to and vision insurance and disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match. We are serious and professional about what we do, and we cultivate a friendly and supportive environment to help us achieve our mission impact goals.
The Center for EcoTechnology is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit in Hampshire County, “the other side of Massachusetts.” If you already live here, you know why you love it. If you are currently somewhere else, then this might be the place you’ve been looking for. Why do we love it? We’ve got the “Five Colleges,” arts, culture, night life, great schools, diversity, and amenities you’d expect from a big city. Plus, it’s beautiful. And there’s no traffic. Relocation assistance is available for this position.
How to Apply:
Please visit our website to apply.
About the Company:
In 2016 we exceeded our three-year mission impact goals of helping 80,000 people save one million dollars and reducing their impact on the environment equal to taking 100,000 cars off the road and 40,000 homes off the grid for a year! CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.