- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Business Development Representative
Want to join a company that’s changing the way cities work? Opti, a startup focused on optimizing the use of stormwater infrastructure, is seeking a Business Development Representative to join our team. This position is open to start as soon as possible out of Opti’s headquarters in Boston, MA.
Opti provides a cloud-based platform for Continuous Monitoring and Adaptive Control (CMAC) of distributed stormwater infrastructure, enabling communities and businesses to continuously improve stormwater management by delivering real-time visibility, adaptively controlling assets, and supporting smart city initiatives. With over 150 deployments across the US and over 90 million gallons of storage under active management, Opti is the leading provider of CMAC solutions for stormwater management.
The role of the Business Development Representative is to actively qualify leads. This individual will spend approximately 50% of their time working on inbound leads and guiding them through the sales cycle, which includes phone calls, demos of the Opti® Platform, and support of the sales organization as prospects move through the sales cycle. The other 50% will consist of supporting the needs of the Business Development team (Marketing and Sales) including developing business cases, managing various parts of our CRM processes and system, and following up on regional campaigns.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing and qualifying leads and prospects by responding to inbound inquiries, identifying prospects’ needs, and effectively mapping them to Opti’s offerings
- Utilizing Salesforce to qualify leads, support lead generation efforts, and help maintain an opportunity pipeline
- Leading web demos of the Opti Platform with prospects
- Conducting market research to identify target companies and emerging sectors
Preferred candidates will hold a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business and have 1-3 years of professional experience ideally in a business development or sales support role. A background in water resources engineering is preferred.
Preferred Candidate Skills
- Experience working with CRM tools for maintaining sales pipeline (Salesforce experience is a plus)
- Highly organized, can juggle multiple competing priorities and tasks
- Attention to detail and organization
- Demonstrate great desire and aptitude to learn
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Driven and takes initiative
- Resilient and displays organizational agility
Opti offers competitive compensation and an employee-centered benefits package relative to most startups, including:
- Competitive base salary, incentive program, and paid time off
- Bonus opportunity based on individual and company performance against goals
- Stock options (awarded to full-time employees)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/HMO health coverage
- Delta Dental coverage
- 401(K) - voluntary contributions
How to Apply:
Please apply via the following link: https://jobapply.page.link/1HDD
About the Company:
OptiRTC enables communities and businesses to continuously improve stormwater management by delivering real-time visibility, adaptively controlling assets, and supporting smart city initiatives.