- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Business Development Director
Contact Info Elizabeth Glynn email@example.com
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Business Development Director for Community Solar reporting to the Senior Director for Business Development – Community Solar. The Business Development Director will build and nurture relationships within solar companies developing community solar assets that need customer enrollment and management services.
We seek a highly motivated and qualified candidate to engage, drive sales, support, and manage partnerships with solar development companies that are strategic to BlueWave – those with high integrity and ongoing project pipelines – to understand their business needs and to promote BlueWave's customer enrollment and management services. We are changing the game for community solar by providing our clients with a streamlined solution for keeping customers engaged and delighted, ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations (including consumer protections), interfacing with utility partners, and maximizing the value of their projects.
Blue Wave - Business Development Director
• Initiate, nurture and close sales of community solar services clients to achieve business goals, including proposal development and presentation, negotiations, engaging legal consultation and business input as needed, coordination with project finance, and ongoing relationship management;
• Work to promote BlueWave’s community solar services offering to potential customers through industry events and associations, by leveraging existing BlueWave relationships, and directly via personal outreach;
• Research prospects and identify stakeholders to generate interest and create rapport;
• Represent the Business Development team internally with other functional areas of the community solar business, ensuring that new market and product development is focused on strategic opportunities;
• Work with BlueWave management, operations, marketing and legal teams to develop sales materials, including new product presentations, informative thought-leadership communications, marketing collateral, customer case studies, and references;
• Identify and develop long term relationships with BlueWave’s future clients to deliver a high-quality client pipeline and volume on a sustainable basis;
• Develop and implement follow up protocol for all leads, including phone calls and emails, articulating how our service can deliver value to the goals and business metrics of all prospects;
• Provide input to the Community Solar and Product Management teams to set overall business goals and metrics;
• Track sales performance, pipeline and partner share and report to the Executive team;
• Travel as needed to manage team and achieve goals; must be able to travel up to 30% of time based on business needs.
Blue Wave - Business Development Director
• Bachelor or master’s degree with a focus in a field that supports effective communication (e.g. business & marketing) or a related technical field (e.g. environmental science);
• 5+ years of sales experience and success, and ability to engage clients in how BlueWave’s offerings can be applied or refined to make clients more successful;
• Experience running sales team deliverables and action tracking in Salesforce;
• Eagerness to work at a fast paced, collaborative, and energetic company that strives for continuous improvement.
How to Apply:
Apply online here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/87606
About the Company:
BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
We have a rapidly growing team of experts intensely focused on increasing our community solar services footprint, refining our Solar Management Platform software, developing community solar projects, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture. We are an energetic, driven and welcoming group of people that is looking for a salesperson with experience in engaging and closing enterprise-level clients.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and high-integrity. We don’t just want to do business, we want to do good business. Because of our commitment to B Corp Certification we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.