MassCEC will continue accepting applications to the Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot Program until June 25, 2021 or until all funding is committed
Synapse Energy Economics is seeking an Accounting Associate with robust communication and organizational skills and an eagerness to adapt to changing office systems and upgrades. Candidates should have skills with QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, and a commitment to public interest issues such as sustainability and environmental justice.
The Accounting Associate is a member of the Operations Team, reporting to the Accounting Manager and supporting all of Operations. In the overall objective of creating and maintaining an efficient and effective Operations function, the Accounting Associate supports the Operations team with payroll, invoicing, bookkeeping, and other accounting and operations tasks. This person will be an integral part of the Operations team and will be expected to support and cover other Operations staff and office administration tasks as needed.
Finance and Accounting Support
- Support the accounts payable and subcontracting process
- Organize, process, and submit expense reports
- Prepare and send AR invoices
- Monitor and process credit card payments and invoices
- Handle bank deposits
- Process payroll
- Routinely prepare and update financial schedules, journals, and reports
- Track fixed assets
- Purchase and receive office supplies and materials
- Support consulting staff with accounting and administrative tasks
- Support project life cyle tasks
- Sort, deliver, and organize mail
- Provide additional office support as needed
- Experience with some of the following systems: Quickbooks, Salesforce, ADP, Box.com, FinancialForce, Microsoft Office Admin
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficiency in relevant office software with an ability and eagerness to adapt to changing systems and new technologies
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred (or equivalent education and experience)
- Experience with bookkeeping/finance/payroll or HR
- Effective communication skills required, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail and efficient processes
- Diplomacy and professionalism
- High level of sensitivity to confidentiality and sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to relay confidential information and communicate policies and procedures
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- May require moving equipment, supplies, tables, chairs, and other office items weighing up to 30 pounds for events and general business needs.
- A team-based collegial work environment where we strive to balance work, personal life, and community involvement.
- We value thought leadership, creativity, innovation, process improvement, people leadership, and personal ownership. Our goal is to thrive in a highly collaborative and flexible team environment.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter as a single document (PDF preferred) to the form at www.synapse-energy.com/accounting-associate. This position is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
About the Company:
If you are passionate about energy, the environment, and positive change, Synapse Energy Economics is the place for you! We are a research and consulting firm specializing in economic and policy research, modeling, and analysis to provide electric sector solutions. Our work supports a broad range of public interest clients, including consumer advocates, environmental organizations, regulatory commissions, and state and federal agencies. Synapse produces expert reports and analysis for these clients and represents their technical interests in state and federal regulatory proceedings.