The Department of Energy Resources’ (DOER) mission is to create a clean, affordable, equitable and resilient energy future for all residents, including low-income and Environmental Justice populations, businesses, communities, and institutions in the Commonwealth. To meet these objectives, DOER develops and implements policies and programs to ensure the adequacy, security, diversity, and cost-effectiveness of the Commonwealth's energy supply. DOER is committed to working to promote energy programs and policies that are developed and implemented to ensure environmental justice among all the Commonwealth's citizens, communities, businesses, and institutions.
The Renewables Division administers the Renewable and Alternative Portfolio Standards (RPS and APS) for Massachusetts’ electric supply. The Division also manages the Solar Massachusetts Target (SMART) program and develops other programs to promote the growth of renewable energy. The Division is looking for a motivated candidate to assist with the implementation of these programs.
The internship will provide an excellent opportunity to expose the candidate to a variety of clean energy technologies and receive an introduction into policy development and program implementation. Previous knowledge of the technologies is not required.
- The intern would provide administrative support on:
- The SMART program, including review of program applications.
- Data analysis on the performance of the SMART program.
- Job shadowing in policy and program development.
- General knowledge of clean energy and environmental is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office – particularly Excel
- Ability to write effectively.
- Strong communication and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and also collaborate as a team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills
Hours per week:
- Full time – 37.5 hours per week.
- This position is partially remote with a hybrid schedule of going into the office in Boston a minimum of one day per week.
Other relevant information:
- Contracted Student Internship compensation will be up to $21/hour for College Undergraduate Students and up to $34/hour for Graduate Students.
- Internship duration June – August 2023
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.