Do you want to advance racial and economic justice while tackling climate change?
Join our innovative non-profit and be part of a talented diverse team driven to expand access to climate solutions and green jobs across Massachusetts. Our mission is to accelerate an inclusive clean energy economy. We work hand-in-hand with cities and local community organizations to connect communities of color, non-English speakers and renters to energy-saving programs and affordable renewable energy. These programs help families and businesses save money, make their homes healthier, and combat climate change. We are also increasing green career opportunities for people of color, multilingual individuals and women.
The Community Programs Manager role prioritizes leading a portfolio of community partnerships to develop local outreach campaigns in historically underserved communities across Massachusetts. You’ll build relationships with city officials, nonprofit leaders, energy efficiency and renewable energy vendors and local businesses to connect residents and small businesses with opportunities to save energy and money. You’ll collaborate closely with teammates throughout the organization to ensure residents benefit from statewide energy efficiency and renewable energy programs such as Mass Save® Home Energy Assessments and community-shared solar programs.
- Act as the primary contact to partners and Energy Advocates. Lead and facilitate biweekly meetings with the community teams. Serve as a liaison to the Program and Communications Team on administrative responsibilities. Prioritize capturing and elevating the voices of the community in identifying local barriers and solutions. Gather themes and practices to improve the program for all participating communities.
- Train and provide coaching to community-based Energy Advocates: This may include ongoing guidance in planning and implementing effective community engagement, tracking activities, implementing outreach strategies, identifying marketing material needs, prioritizing opportunities to promote energy efficiency programs, and following up on feedback from the community. Offer overall troubleshooting support and access to energy efficiency learning opportunities.
- Develop outreach strategies: Collaborate with the Program and Communications teams in developing and implementing creative outreach and marketing strategies and tools for communities to engage residents through local communications channels, events, presentations, canvassing and more. Coordinate with community teams to be present as support at outreach events, presentations, and canvassing efforts as needed
- Educate the community and external stakeholders: Lead presentations, speak to community groups, appear on radio or television shows, speak with small business owners, table at events and possibly do door-to-door canvassing to educate and empower residents and small business owners to take action on energy efficiency and clean energy. Generate awareness and excitement about our mission by helping to capture and tell stories of our work, such as in local media and to stakeholders and supporters.
- Support All In Energy’s mission with miscellaneous projects, as needed. As a member of the All In Energy team, you may periodically be pulled into other projects, as your capacity and expertise allows. These will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may shift as your expertise grows.
- Passionate about the All In Energy mission and vision.
- Native or fluent speaker and writer in Portuguese.
- 1-3 years relevant professional experience leading community outreach campaigns, partnership development, working in low-to-moderate income, bilingual and/or majority-minority communities.
- Comfort using data analysis to draw conclusions.
- Proven ability to take initiative, learn quickly and creatively problem solve.
- Strong attention to detail, can maintain organizational systems, prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Works independently and as a part of a small, nimble team.
- Willingness to travel around Massachusetts. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Successful completion of a background check and 5-panel drug test.
- Available for occasional weekend and evening events, especially during the warm months.
- Familiarity with the South Coast communities like Fall River, Taunton, Attleboro, and Martha’s Vineyard.
- Knowledge of state residential energy efficiency and renewable energy programs.
- Internship/volunteer management experience.
- Meeting management, facilitation and communication follow-up skills.
- Public speaking or presentation experience.
- Experience building partnerships or collaborating with others towards a common goal.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database system.
For a detailed list go to bit.ly/AIEbenefits
- Full Time position, Salary $42,500-$50,000, commensurate with experience.
- Flexible Work (hours or location) with periodic in-person travel around Massachusetts.
- Relaxed Dress Code.
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday benefits.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Business Travel reimbursement.
- Technology access with option to purchase upon departure.
- Stipends for Workspace Ergonomics Furniture and Professional/personal development.
To apply, please email a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Community Programs Manager”.