MassCEC will continue accepting applications to the Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot Program until June 25, 2021 or until all funding is committed
Installer Resources - Air-Source Heat Pumps
MassCEC is no longer accepting applications for the Whole-Home Pilot Program.
This page provides resources for awarded Whole-Home Pilot, Variable Refrigerant Flow, and Commercial Mini-Split projects about the completion process.
Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot
- Pilot Manual
- Primary Installer Agreement
- Pilot Summary Sheet
- Inspection Rubric
- Heat Load Input Page (for Blower Door Tests)
- NEEP Cold Climate Air-Source Heat Pump Specification
- Efficiency Vermont Air-to-Water Heat Pumps Qualifying Products
- AHRI Directory for VRF units: Note that most units in this database do not qualify as VRF or meet the efficiency specification in the Pilot Manual
- View sample applications for an existing building and new construction project.
- Guide to Sizing & Selecting Air-Source Heat Pumps in Cold Climates
- Guide to Installing Air-Source Heat Pumps in Cold Climates
- NEEP Cold Climate Air-Source Heat Pump Videos
- Air-Source Heat Pump Tips
- Useful resources and information on electrifying your home or building
- Webinar on Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot: Slides and Recording
- Air to Water Heat Pump Summit Presentation
- Click here to download the whole-home projects database
- Click here to download MassCEC's 2015-2019 ASHP rebate database (data also available here)
Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF)
MassCEC is no longer accepting applications for incentives for the installation of variable refrigerant flow (VRF) air-source heat pump systems at commercial and public facilies. This page provides resources for VRF designers and ASHP installers regarding MassCEC's previously awarded projects.
PROGRAM DOCUMENTS (In effect as of February 1, 2019)
- Program Manual: Contains information on technical requirements, mandatory certifications, grant structure, and how to submit Milestone Completion Documents.
- Primary Designer/Installer Agreement: Must be submitted once by each Primary Designer and Primary Installer.
- Learn More About VRF Heat Pumps: April 25, 2019 VRF Workshop
- VRF Program Fact Sheet
- VRF Database: Searchable database of AHRI specification sheets. (Small-scale VRF units are listed in AHRI’s mini-split directory)
- Click here to download the projects database
Code of Conduct
All installers who participate in MassCEC's rebate programs are bound by MassCEC's Code of Conduct.