- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Installer Resources - Air-Source Heat Pumps
MassCEC provides incentives for the installation of residential whole-home air-source heat pump systems and residential variable refrigerant flow (VRF) air-source heat pumps systems. MassCEC is now longer accepting applications for incentives for the installation of variable refrigerant flow (VRF) air-source heat pump systems at commercial and public facilies. This page provides resources for VRF designers and ASHP installers regarding MassCEC's awards.
Available Whole-Home Pilot Funding May 2019 - December 2019 (updated June 19, 2019)
|Non-Merrimack Valley||Merrimack Valley Carve Out||All Funding|
|Estimated Remaining Funding||$377,500.00||$100,000.00||$477,500.00|
Whole- Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot
PROGRAM DOCUMENTS (as of May 8, 2019)
- Pilot Manual
- Participant’s Agreement
- Primary Installer Agreement
- Pilot Summary Sheet
- Inspection Rubric
- NEEP Cold Climate Air-Source Heat Pump Specification
- Efficiency Vermont Air-to-Water Heat Pumps Qualifying Products
- AHRI Directory for VRF units: Note that most units in this database do not qualify as VRF or meet the efficiency specification in the Pilot Manual
- Guide to Sizing & Selecting Air-Source Heat Pumps in Cold Climates
- Guide to Installing Air-Source Heat Pumps in Cold Climates
- NEEP Cold Climate Air-Source Heat Pump Videos
- Air-Source Heat Pump Tips
- Webinar on Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot: Slides and Recording
- Air to Water Heat Pump Summit Presentations
Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) - Closed to new applications
PROGRAM DOCUMENTS (In effect as of February 1, 2019)
- Program Manual: Contains information on technical requirements, mandatory certifications, grant structure, and how to submit Milestone Completion Documents.
- Primary Designer/Installer Agreement: Must be submitted once by each Primary Designer and Primary Installer.
- Learn More About VRF Heat Pumps: April 25, 2019 VRF Workshop
- VRF Program Fact Sheet
- VRF Database: Searchable database of AHRI specification sheets. (Small-scale VRF units are listed in AHRI’s mini-split directory)
Code of Conduct
All installers who participate in MassCEC's rebate programs are bound by MassCEC's Code of Conduct.