- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Installer Resources - Air-Source Heat Pumps
MassCEC provides incentives for the installation of variable refrigerant flow (VRF) air-source heat pump (ASHP) heating systems at residential, commercial, and public facilities. This page provides resources for VRF designers and installers regarding MassCEC's awards.
Available VRF Funding July 2018 – Dec 2019 (updated 3/22/2019)
Available Budget $4,000,000
Committed Awards $2,827,620
Submitted Applications $624,886.67
Estimated Remaining Funding $547,493.33
Please note that some submitted applications may not receive awards; therefore remaining funding may differ from what is posted.
MassCEC will process complete applications in the order received. Any complete applications submitted beyond the available budget will be put on a waiting list.
Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF)
PROGRAM DOCUMENTS (In effect as of February 1, 2019)
- Program Manual: Contains information on how to apply, technical requirements, mandatory certifications, and grant structure. Designers and installers must read this document before participating in the program.
- Primary Designer/Installer Agreement: Must be submitted once by each Primary Designer and Primary Installer.
- VRF Application Form: Must be submitted with supporting documentation for each Project, as described Program Manual. Designers/installers are encouraged to complete the form on behalf of system owners
- Project Narrative: Supplements the Application Form. Not required for projects installing less than 240,000 BTU/hr of heating capacity.
- System Owner’s Agreement: Must be signed by the System Owner for each Project.
NEW! SAMPLE APPLICATION
- Sample VRF Application
- Sample Project Narrative *only required for projects installing more than 240,000 BTU/hr of total capacity.
- Sample System Owner Agreement
- Sample Load Calculation Summary
- Sample Design Summary
- Sample AHRI Sheets
- Sample Electric Bill *if new construction, may be submitted as part of milestone 2.
- Sample Primary Designer Materials
- Sample Primary Installer Materials
- Commercial Air Source Heat Pump Incentive Program Overview Webinar
- VRF Program Fact Sheet
- VRF Database: Searchable database of AHRI specification sheets. (Small-scale VRF units are listed in AHRI’s mini-split directory)
Code of Conduct
All installers who participate in MassCEC's rebate programs are bound by MassCEC's Code of Conduct.
Feel free to email us at ASHP@masscec.com for residential projects, VRF@masscec.com for commercial projects, or call 617-315-9300. Please note that Residential and Small-Scale ASHP applications submitted starting on November 1, 2018, must be submitted through MassCEC's online Application Portal.