MassCEC will continue accepting applications to the Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot Program until June 25, 2021 or until all funding is committed
MassCEC's Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot is no longer accepting new applications. MassCEC offered rebates to new construction homes and existing homes that are served by natural gas. More information about the pilot is below. This page has information on how to submit project completion documents for grantees.
|Whole-Home Air-Source Heat Pump Pilot Incentives|
|Income Category||>120% of state median income||80%-120% of state median income||<80% of state median income|
|Efficiency + Electrification Adder (for Existing Buildings only)||Up to $2,500||Up to $2,500||Up to $2,500|
|Maximum Possible Award||$5,000||$7,500||$10,000|
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-315-9300.
Installers should visit the Installer Resources page.
Once your project has received an award letter from MassCEC, your installer can install your air-source heat pump project. Once the system is installed, you can submit your project completion documents and MassCEC will send out the rebate check. Installers typically submit completion documents on the homeowner's behalf. With each project completion, MassCEC asks for:
- Project Completion Form
- Final Paid Invoice
- Photos of all outdoor and indoor units
- Electric Bill (if new construction)
- Manufacturer start-up sheet (if VRF)
For more information on the project completion documents, please review the Pilot Manual.
As part of the Whole Home Pilot program, MassCEC has posted monthly blogs.
How do Air-Source Heat Pump systems operate?
- Please visit out Air-Source Heat Pump page to learn about how ASHPs systems work.
How do I find an installer for an Air-Source Heat Pump system?
- Please visit our Whole Home Pilot installers page for a list of installers that have worked with MassCEC in the past.
I finished construction on my project, how do I receive payment for my award?
- For grantees, once construction is complete, please submit your project completion documents to email@example.com. Detailed instructions can be found under "How Do I Submit Completion Documents?"
Are there other incentives available for ASHP systems?
- Mass Save offers incentives for homeowners who currently heat with oil, propane, or electric resistance.
Why was this pilot only available to existing homes served by natural gas?
- The pilot was intended to be complementary to other available incentive programs in the Commonwealth, including Mass Save’s heat pump rebates, which offer generous incentives for oil, propanes, and electric resistance customers. As a result, MassCEC chose to focus on customers who are served by natural gas for this pilot.
The Whole Home Pilot program is one in a suite of MassCEC's Clean Heating and Cooling Programs. MassCEC authorized $48 million in funding to support clean heating and cooling programs. MassCEC's Clean Heating and Cooling Programs are no longer accepting new applications.