Supervisor, Electric Operations (Inside Supervisor/Planner)
This role will provide leadership to ensure the safe, timely and efficient completion of work efforts relating to the construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency restoration of the electric distribution and transmission systems. Ensures effective coordination among and between individuals and departments in the district/division. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for continuously monitoring the work planning process from initiation to close out for department work performed.
- Serve as primary construction liaison with the Customer Care, Engineering, Warehousing/Transportation, and Stations Operations organizations in addition to external stakeholders such as municipalities and other utilities.
- Ensures that all job packages are construction ready and that the material availability is adequate to meet the construction schedule.
- Coordinates external agencies (ie – Telco) and internal support to ensure that critical path is maintained on all large projects.
- Supports the scheduler in producing an accurate schedule encompassing all work to be performed in the areas within the planning window.
- Works closely with the Outside Supervisors to address emergent issues and customer priority jobs.
- Prepares weekly/monthly status reports highlighting the key performance metrics for the district.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Working knowledge of methods, work practices, and procedures regarding the safe construction, operation, and maintenance of electric T&D facilities and infrastructure at both secondary and primary operating voltages.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must maintain switching and tagging qualifications
- Must have a strong knowledge of computers and related technology and have the ability to learn and utilize available information technologies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience required
- Five years of related experience is required. Previous experience in electric distribution is preferred. Previous experience in a supervisory role is also preferred.
Licenses & Certification:
- Valid Motor Vehicle License required. D.O.T. Driver’s License preferred
Please apply via the link on the Eversource site:
At Eversource, we are a company dedicated to our customers, communities, and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged Eversource team—diverse, talented and dedicated employees who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.