Sales Manager, Water Industry
Bluefield Research is an independent insight and advisory firm providing analysis of water strategies and markets, enabling clients to make more informed business decisions. The company delivers its in-depth research through ongoing, annual Insight Services, Insight Reports, and Consulting Services.
The Sales Associate’s primary responsibility is to develop sales leads (with the support of marketing), generate revenues, and maintain customer relationships backed by a core set of research products: annual Insight Services, Insight Reports, and Consulting Services.
The Sales Associate is charged with initiating relationships with C-level and other senior executives within prospect organizations. A critical component to one’s success will be demonstrating an ability to understanding Bluefield’s increasing archive of research and matching parts of it to customer needs and interest.
The ideal person is a curious, highly motivated, and excellent listener with:
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to present monthly and quarterly sales forecast and results to company management team.
- Confidence in selling to large, complex organizations, and building relationships from managers to executives in these companies.
- Ability to call prospects at all levels, including C-Level executives.
- Experience in working with coordinated marketing and sales strategies.
- Out-of-the-box thinking on ways to identify new clients and new budgets within existing and potential client-base.
- The ability to sell ideas internally and generate consensus and collaboration across a variety of areas.
Previous experience should include:
- Start-up company or division to develop sales strategies for inside and outside sales.
- Experience selling products, such as analytical reports, market research, preferred
- Demonstrated track record of achieving and exceeding target objectives.
- Proven ability to prospect and network in person and by telephone.
- Success in working the sales cycle from contact to deal closure.
- Organized and able to document and report on all activities on a regular basis.
- University degree required
- 2 to 5 years experience in sales, business development function,
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible to travel (10% to 25%)
- Fluent English
- The position will be located in Boston and relocation expenses will not be included. Candidates in the Boston area will be given priority.
- Health insurance
- Vacation and sick Days
- Upward mobility in a start-up culture that allows for potential a role in management with demonstrated success
Companies approaching water as a business are often challenged by a lack of high quality, reliable intelligence. Bluefield bridges this gap with actionable, data-backed analysis supported by a transparent research methodology and ongoing access to our global water experts. As an independent insight firm focused exclusively on water markets, executives rely on our suite of research services to validate their assumptions, address critical questions, and strengthen strategic planning processes.