- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Researcher / Senior Researcher
The Applied Economics Clinic (AEC) is looking for a Researcher/Senior Researcher with strong technical skills and enthusiasm for working on issues related to energy, environment, equity and other consumer rights.
AEC provides technical expertise to public service organizations working on these topics. Founded in February 2017, AEC is a non-profit consulting group offering low-cost and pro bono expert services from seasoned professionals, while also providing on-the-job training to the next generation of technical experts on public interest issues. AEC is housed at Tufts University’s Global Development and Environment Institute in Somerville, Massachusetts.
Research related to energy, environment, equity and other consumer rights.
* Bachelor’s degree in any technical field (economics, engineering, science, etc.)
* Strong interest in some or all of the following topics: climate, energy, environment, consumer issues, and equity
* Strong technical/quantitative skills including a deep knowledge of complex functions in Excel
* Strong writing skills and an understanding of how to write for both technical and popular audiences
* Ability to work on multiple projects at once and manage time well
* Ability to work collaboratively, sharing tasks, knowledge, and work space with colleagues
* Willingness to learn new things and use feedback to improve
* Master’s or PhD in any technical field (economics, engineering, science, etc.)
* Experience in statistics, modeling, and/or other forms of quantitative analysis
* Background in energy, environment or equity issues
This is full-time position with benefits. Salary is very competitive. The position will begin in February or March 2018.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until February 1, 2018.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, Excel sample, technical writing sample, popular audience writing sample, and the names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com
About the Company:
The Applied Economics Clinic is a 501(c)(3) non-profit consulting group housed at Tufts University's Global Development and Environment Institute.
Founded in February 2017, the Clinic provides expert testimony, analysis, modeling, policy briefs, and reports for public interest groups on the topics of energy, environment, consumer protection, and equity, while providing on-the-job training to a new generation of technical experts.
The Applied Economics Clinic's mission is:
1. To provide low cost and (when we receive foundation grants) pro bono expert services to public interest groups on the topics of energy, environment, consumer protection, and equity.
2. To train the next generation of expert technical witnesses and analysts by providing applied, on-the-job learning experiences to graduate students in related fields.
3. To work proactively to support and promote diversity in the fields of economics, engineering, math and sciences.