- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Quality Assurance Inspector and Home Energy Auditor
Abode Energy Management LLC
Construction, Professional Services
Energy Efficiency, Green Building
Contact Info Travis Estes firstname.lastname@example.org 3397070676
Provide in-depth inspections of Mass Save Home Energy Assessments (HEA) and weatherization work. Inspections will take place both in-process and post weatherization install/HEA. Inspectors will need to work with customers, contractors, and Abode Energy Management to ensure that work being done meets the standards of the Mass Save Home Energy Services Program.
- Create comprehensive reports of completed work to ensure contractor is meeting program standards.
- Analyze recommended and installed measures to confirm installation techniques are suitable and the building science is sound.
- Know Mass Save best practices inside and out ensuring recommended and installed measures are program eligible.
- Be a practitioner of safety, ensuring everyone participating in the program stays safe and is following existing standards and protocols.
- Conduct diagnostic testing including but not limited to combustion safety, blower door, Trueflow analysis, and infrared scans, plus use other field tools to collect data and analyze results alongside contractor data.
- Work with residential customers and contractors to ensure amazing work is taking place in accordance with the program administrator’s standards.
- Travel to multiple homes per day throughout the state for inspections, and complete data into the company’s electronic forms for tracking.
- Be flexible, nimble, and helpful as other responsibilities become assigned to you.
- Previous Crew-Chief, Energy Specialist, or Inspector in the Mass Save program required.
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must pass a background check, including a motor vehicle records search and drug test, before the start of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BPI Building Analyst, BPI Envelope, and HERS certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate on-job concerns with crew and homeowner.
- Communicate post inspection concerns in a professional manner with Lead Vendor and participating contractor to address and improve work quality issues.
- Basic computer proficiency including MS Office Suite and Google Apps required.
- This role is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Will have duties both inside and outside the customer’s home.
- May be exposed to inclement weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, rain, and snow.
- Requires standing, walking, kneeling, climbing, bending, and crawling.
- Requires lifting, transporting and carrying objects weighing up to 40 pounds multiple times per day.
- Comfortable with heights and ladders plus the ability to crawl and inspect confined spaces.
- Exposed to noise, dust, dirt, insulation, and other related hazards
- Target compensation is the low $60,000 range. Salaries will vary based on volume and quality of work performed, being as low as $40,000 but with the potential to earn considerably more than $60,000. It is a performance-based variable compensation structure.
- A competitive benefits package includes Medical, 401k, and access to Dental and Vision, with a flexible working schedule and generous paid time off. Employee contributions are required for 401k and insurance plans.
- Full-time position
- Locations: This is a field based position with opportunities throughout Greater Boston, Central and Western MA. Occasional travel to Arlington, MA., is required, including an up-to three week training period upon hiring.
Required experience: Mass Save: 1 year
Abode is an equal opportunity employer. We’re not concerned with your race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We seek good people doing good work. If that describes you, let’s connect.
About the Company:
Abode Energy Management provides energy conservation program administrative services to utilities in New England. As building science experts with years of experience in the clean energy space operating multiple companies, the Abode leadership team is committed to building a business that objectively serves all stakeholders with a focus on accountability, integrity, respect, and open communication.
Apply at www.AbodeEM.com today.