- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Project Manager –Solar
The Solar Project Manager would be responsible for reviewing and analyzing complex legal, financial and engineering documents as part of an overall investment analysis. Communicate findings in writing and orally to both internal and external audiences. Manage external counsel, accountants and engineers in closing a financial transaction.
- Identify key underwriting risks and provide solutions/mitigations
- Perform detailed off-taker and guarantor analyses.
- Collect all due diligence consistent with closing checklist.
- Review and critique project engineering studies and value appraisals.
- Review and analyze developer projections. Make adjustments consistent with NT Solar, accounting firm and outside investor underwriting and credit policy.
- Review critical project documents, including off-take contracts, incentive purchase contracts and land leases.
- Prepare and present reports for internal NTCIC Investment Committee and external investor approval.
- Serve as liaison between outside investor and developer transaction team.
- Provide solutions-oriented focus with the ability to take initiative and think independently.
- Work with and manage outside counsel to close transactions, control expenses, and lead/participate in weekly closing calls.
- Identify investment or reputational risks as the deal progresses. Confidently suggest changes to the deal that would mitigate these risks.
- Perform duties on multiple transactions at any given time with a strong commitment towards meeting deadlines
- Keep Vice-President and other senior management apprised of closing timeline, delays, and risks.
- Provide a transition memo to asset management once the deal closes.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in environmental studies, engineering or finance (or equivalent work experience). Preference for a master’s degree in business, finance (or equivalent).
- At least 5 years of investment analysis/underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of solar incentive programs, including state-based renewable energy credits and related trading, community solar programs, net metering credits and tax credit ownership structure.
- Strong financial analysis and spreadsheet (Excel) skills required. Examples to be provided upon request.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required. Writing samples to be provided upon request.
- Experience in renewable energy development, renewable tax credit investing, tax credit syndication and/or community development finance.
- Experience in legal, tax and accounting aspects of tax credit projects preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Occasional travel required and ability to manage multiple projects with various deadlines.
How to Apply:
email@example.com or 202-588-6208
About the Company:
National Trust Community Investment Corporation (NTCIC) enables tax credit equity investments that support sustainable communities nationwide. This position supports NT Solar Inc, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NTCIC. NTCIC places qualified federal and state historic tax credits (HTC), new markets tax credits (NMTC), solar tax credits (ITC) and low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC).