Oasys Water seeks an experienced, motivated and effective Manufacturing Engineer to join the team at our Cambridge, MA facility. The Manufacturing Engineer’s focus will be the production of Forward Osmosis elements. The Manufacturing Engineer’s activities will include traditional production monitoring and improvement activities from supply chain, through lean/six sigma concepts, and data monitoring and analysis. The Manufacturing Engineer will also support activities related to development and continuous improvement of our product with our core technology team. This role is based in Cambridge, MA, but will require travel (25%) to Oasys and manufacturing partner sites, both domestic and international.
Working at Oasys offers you the opportunity for maximum impact and rapid growth combined with strong benefits and ability to collaborate with the smartest and most highly motivated team in the water industry.
- Provide technical leadership of Oasys’ spiral wound element processing and quality control operations, including method development, data analysis, and troubleshooting;
- Integrate technical data from manufacturing partners, internal operations and testing, research, and other sources to provide data-driven insights that can guide research, development, and manufacturing improvements;
- Troubleshoot variability and yield issues in the manufacturing operation, interfacing closely with technology partners and the Oasys R&D organization;
- Design and implement quality improvement programs in accordance with established industry best practices;
- Apply manufacturing and industrial engineering practices to our industry leading thin film manufacturing operation, including monitoring performance and yield;
- Collaborate with the R&D and supply chain organizations to guide technology development and system optimization;
- Provide support for a fast-growing and evolving manufacturing operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or similar;
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering;
- Evidence of strong data analysis and programming skills for analyzing medium-sized and large sets of technical data;
- Strong technical understanding of fluid systems and fluid handling equipment;
- Expertise in Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma principles;
- Spiral wound element or membrane manufacturing experience a plus, especially within the reverse osmosis membrane industry;
- Creative mind and ability to apply sound engineering principles to improve processes and solve complex manufacturing issues;
- Ability to positively and effectively communicate with all levels within the organization;
- Team player who also has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries and resolve issues;
- Language skills desirable; Spanish is a plus;
- 25% domestic and international travel is expected.
Please apply via the link on the Oasys website:
Oasys Water is the leading provider of integrated forward osmosis (FO) and other membrane systems for high recovery desalination, including brine management and zero liquid discharge (ZLD). Our newly announced ClearFlo MBCx platform has changed the high salinity water treatment game again, extending the reach of Oasys technologies for use in various industrial markets and in areas of extreme water scarcity.