Joule Energy is seeking an experienced, highly motivated sales specialist to work in the renewable energy sector in the Greater Boston (including Connecticut and Rhode Island) area!
LED Energy Consultants/Sales Specialists will actively capture LED retrofit contracts by pursuing customers in an assigned territory. They will offer customized solutions to property owners and managers of industrial complexes and other verticals and act as a brand ambassador for Joule’s custom-made, high-quality design, delivery, and service offering. We tailor make each solution and position ourselves at the high-end of the market and expect our sales specialists to represent Joule in a professional and customer-focused manner.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Generate and foster new opportunities for commercial LED, energy efficiency projects
- Contact leads provided to you by marketing specialists and generate your own leads through innovative methods (including door-to-door marketing)
- Ability to interface with a variety of clients and motivate energy savings conversations
- Follow up with leads daily through phone calls and site visits
- Capture >1.2M in LED project sales within a given year
- Listen to customers’ needs in order to sell on short payback periods, energy savings and lighting optimization that directly affect customer core business
- Gain clear understanding of and ability to maximize potential in a competitive environment where rebates, grants, and bid schedules affect your ability to close
- Learn and apply new sales process and technical trainings
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Become proficient in Salesforce and the use of lighting optimization tools
- Achieve working knowledge of technical terms related to LED lighting
- Maintain 80% average on technical training quizzes and tests
- Complete Joule LED audit certification when requested
- Customer Service
- Once opportunities are captured, Joule’s design team will conduct audits, create detailed proposals, install equipment and continue to service clients. Your communication with the client throughout this process will be measured in customer satisfaction.
- Attend in and out-of-state industry conferences, and/or lighting trainings up to 6 times per year
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above functions
- Track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets
- Business acumen and high level of integrity
- Ability to work towards long-term goals
- Self-motivated and organized
- Minimum 5 years outside B2B sales experience
- Experience in one of the following: consultative sales, selling on savings, selling to manufacturers
- Technological proficiency in:
- Excel/Google sheets
- Knowledge/ability to learn: LED technology and products, electricity related terms and savings calculations
Working Conditions - Employee may be required to work evening and weekends to accommodate client schedules. Employees might be asked to drive up to 4 hours to reach a client’s location. Employee will work remotely. Employee will be required to visit headquarters (New Orleans, LA) at least once per quarter.
Physical Requirements - None
Joule offers a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We operate with a "triple bottom line" philosophy, meaning you don't have to check your conscience at the door.
- Flexible work schedule
- Volunteer community service opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Learning focused environment
- Professional development
- Paid vacation
- Comprehensive health benefits package
Please apply for this oppotunity through the following link, all applications otherwise submitted will not be considered.
With over seven years in the business and offices in St. Louis and New Orleans, the team at Joule Energy has the experience necessary to find the right solution for each customer. Our team handles everything from initial site audits, designing new systems, procurement and installation. We hold the most NABCEP certifications in the South and consistently innovate to improve our customers’ bottom lines.