Director, Operations Business Process Improvement
Role and Scope of Position:
This role is responsible for collaborating with leaders to improve Eversource Energy Operations key business processes. The role requires strong partnering with all levels of the organization (including business owners, shared service partners, process owners, and operations staff) to drive process improvement delivery through process design/improvement/management skills using proven best practice techniques and methodologies.
The Business Process team will provide a process improvement strategy and project management to the greater Operations organization. Depending on the scope of a given project, this role may work independently or collaborate within Operations and across key Shared Services areas.
- Lead multiple “Accelerator”/”Workout” process innovation projects that span the Operations organization
- Has primary responsibility for developing and implementing business process improvement programs that support the Eversource’s strategic mission
- Lead project teams to assess processes to determine how to reduce rework, improve quality, efficiency and service
- Ensure appropriate representation of front line employees in process improvement projects to seek diverse input, foster teamwork and help build engagement
- Structure the project approach and determine process improvement tools to be used for maximizing the net improvement in targeted business processes
- Serve on project teams for Operations technology implementations to support the execution of change management and training activities
- Improve the quality of outage and other communication related to Operations performance information to customers and identify and lead business process improvements in Operations to keep pace with Eversource customer service goals in the areas of timeliness, flexibility, service time windows and first time quality
- Co-develop and facilitate leadership meetings for Operations officers, directors, managers and supervisors
- Evaluates effectiveness of business process improvement programs and recommends methods to increase standards
- Travel throughout the service territory is frequently required. Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, and writing, typing and communicating, including presentations to senior leaders.
Physical Aspects: List the physical demands required by the position’s ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS ONLY. i.e. repetitive movements of hands and finger (typing)
- Daily use of a computer and other office type equipment. Repetitive movement of hands and fingers through typing and writing. Reaching with hands and arms. Occasional standing, walking, stooping or bending. Traveling throughout New England and the Mid-Atlantic States for presentations; as well as throughout the US for Industry conferences and business development meetings..
- Sound working knowledge and experience using and applying process improvement best practices /techniques and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and navigate through change
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and present appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Influence management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment; across multiple, functional groups
- Interacts effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong enterprise-wide vision and ability to see the big picture
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and software applications involving dynamic models and process flows
- Proven ability to effectively facilitate a training session, one on one, or with a group.
- Attention to detail, commitment to quality, customer focused
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
- An advanced degree or MBA is preferred. Three or more years of progressively responsible, relevant process improvement experience a plus
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience leading process improvement projects and working with all levels of an organization
Licenses & Certifications: None required, but candidate will be expected to have experience in Lean and Six Sigma programs along with Business Improvement programs
Please apply via the link on the Eversource website:
At Eversource, we are a company dedicated to our customers, communities, and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged Eversource team—diverse, talented and dedicated employees who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.