XL Hybrids seeks an experienced data scientist to analyze sensor data and collaborate with our engineering team to develop creative solutions and strategies for improving fuel economy in the next generation of connected hybrid and plug-in hybrid commercial vehicles. Ideally, this candidate will also help develop methods of summarizing and visualizing data.
As a data scientist at XL Hybrids, you will work as part of a small team of software developers and engineers to enhance our cloud-based, distributed real time data processing and vehicle feedback engine along with multiple API and UI applications on both web and mobile platforms, using cutting-edge, open-source technology. You should be comfortable designing and developing experiments and data-driven solutions to address engineering and business challenges and communicating your results within the organization.
- Explore large data sets to identify patterns and suggest creative solutions to a variety of challenges related to automotive fuel economy, equipment health and real time data processing.
- Work collaboratively with a small team of software developers to implement your ideas.
- Work with product managers and stakeholders to develop effective data visualization presentation strategies to provide value to our customers.
- Able to work full-time in the Boston office.
- Candidate will report to the Cloud Engineering Manager.
Additional Responsibilities based on experience/interests
- XL Hybrids is a dynamic, growth business, so joining our team means that you will have a wide scope of work and responsibilities that may shift with rapidly growing areas of the business.
- Extensive experience with Python and related data science tools like Anaconda, Jupyter Notebooks, IPython, scikit-learn, numpy, Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch.
- Experience with techniques like classification, spatial analysis, unsupervised learning and predictive modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively express technical ideas to a variety of audiences.
- B.S. or advanced degree in data science, statistics, applied mathematics, computer science or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work full time at the XL Hybrids office in the Brighton area of Boston, MA.
- Experience with data visualization concepts and tools.
- Experience with the automotive, battery or renewable energy industries.
- Paid time off
- Medical/dental/vision/life and disability insurance
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Data Scientist" in the email subject heading.
Simple. Smart. Sustainable. XL Hybrids is the leader in fleet electrification and connectivity solutions for commercial and municipal fleets, with technology that delivers a 25 percent increase in miles per gallon and reduces carbon dioxide emissions. Our hybrid technology offers businesses a low-risk way to reduce fuel use, cut costs, and slash emissions without impacting operations or sacrificing vehicle performance. The award-winning XL3 Hybrid Electric Drive System is a revolutionarily simple solution that helps commercial and municipal fleets lower operating costs and meet sustainability goals. Compatible with new and existing Class 2 to 6 commercial fleet vehicles, the XL3 system can be installed in less than six hours on GM, Ford, and Isuzu vans, trucks, and buses. It works seamlessly in the background with zero impact on fleet operations or service, and no driver training or infrastructure requirements. In 2017, XL has added the XLP hybrid electric plug-in upfit that leverages the same Fleet Ready technology with a larger battery pack and on-board Level 1&2 charger for up to a 50 percent increase in fuel economy. All systems come with XL Link our wireless connectivity and cloud-based data analytics platform. XL is the North American leader in fleet electrification with many of largest fleets as repeat customers and over 50 Million customer miles from coast to coast.