- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Associate Analyst, Business Development
Role and Scope of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Transmission Business Development, the Associate Analyst, Business Development will be a key member of the Company’s strategy and business development team, evaluating market trends, emerging technologies, public policy initiatives and developing new business opportunities to improve the Company’s competitive position and create shareholder value. This role will provide a unique opportunity to learn and contribute to the transformation of the energy and utility sector from a supply focused industry to one that is customer and clean energy focused.
Specific job functions include modeling energy markets, reviewing and reporting of energy trends, supporting development of new business paradigms, and helping create strategy relating to large infrastructure investments such as renewables, emerging technologies, data science and analytics. The applicant will join a fast paced, very collaborative work environment that is ideal for self-starters who enjoy an intellectually challenging work environment.
- Aids in screening and identifying new business opportunities by analyzing future markets, business cases, and regulatory impacts to demonstrate strategic fit. Business opportunities include projects such as electric transmission expansion, renewable development such as wind (on-shore and off-shore) and solar, and battery storage.
- Creates analytical models that forecast and examine power markets.
- Monitors the competitive market landscape, regulatory and legislative arenas, new ventures and existing businesses and makes recommendations for improvements in order to position the Business Development organization for success.
Assists in the development of presentations on new projects for Eversource senior management.
- Expert research and analytical skills and the ability to concisely explain both quantitative and qualitative conclusions; ability to resolve complex issues of a technical, political and logistical nature and to deal effectively with a number of these issues concurrently.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with all departments of the organization in order to maximize both internal and external resources.
- Ability to develop presentations that effectively communicate information related to new business development ventures and on-going projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly complex, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to work well individually and in a team.
- Knowledge of and experience in the energy markets and/or the electric transmission system, a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word as well as modeling software such as Matlab, SAS, and PROMOD a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, or finance. A Master’s or Doctoral degree in a related field desirable.
Experience: 2 years of related experience, including business development experience, or analytical modeling. Industry knowledge, including knowledge of power markets and production cost modeling a plus.
How to Apply:
Please apply via the job posting on the eversource website:
About the Company:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.