- About MassCEC
- About Clean Energy
- Catalyst Program
- Clean Heating and Cooling
- Commonwealth Hydropower
- Commonwealth Organics-to-Energy
- Commonwealth Solar Hot Water
- Commonwealth Solar II
- Commonwealth Wind
- Community Energy Strategies
- District Energy
- Green Workforce: Energy Efficiency
- Investments in the Advancement of Technology
- Investments in Job Creation
- Mass Solar Connect
- Mass Solar Loan
- Massachusetts as a First Customer
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Internship Program
- Massachusetts Israel Innovation Partnership
- Marine Commerce Terminal in New Bedford
- Pathways Out Of Poverty
- Production Tracking System
- Solarize Mass
- Woodstove Change-Out
- Workforce Capacity Building
- Wind Technology Testing Center
Research Study on Wind Turbine Acoustics
The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC), in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP), seeks proposals from qualified acoustic consultants that can assist MassCEC and MassDEP in conducting a Research Study on Wind Turbine Acoustics.
Update: MassCEC and MassDEP have selected the Resource Systems Group (RSG) as the contractor to conduct this study. RSG will utilize the support of Epsilon Associates and Northeast Wind as subcontractors in this study. MassCEC and MassDEP expect this Research Study to be complete by the end of 2013.
Through the Research Study on Wind Turbine Acoustics, we seek to measure the level and quality of sound emissions from a variety of operating wind turbines in Massachusetts. The Study will help inform state agencies, local decision-makers, project developers, researchers, and the public about acoustic characteristics of wind turbines.
This RFP is soliciting qualified consultants for efforts including:
- Conducting detailed acoustic, wind, and turbine operational monitoring of a variety of existing Massachusetts wind projects.
- Analyzing monitored data to gain a better understanding of the characteristics of wind turbine sound and the parameters that contribute to it.
- Managing tasks associated with the deployment, collection, consolidation, and analysis of project data.
Please review the RFP documentation for more details and information. MassCEC will accept proposals through 11:59 p.m. EST on Tuesday, October 9, 2012.
Questions? Email Us