- About MassCEC
- About Clean Energy
- Catalyst Program
- Clean Heating and Cooling
- Commonwealth Hydropower
- Commonwealth Organics-to-Energy
- Commonwealth Solar Hot Water
- Commonwealth Solar II
- Commonwealth Wind
- Community Energy Strategies
- District Energy
- Green Workforce: Energy Efficiency
- Investments in the Advancement of Technology
- Investments in Job Creation
- Mass Solar Connect
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Internship Program
- Massachusetts Israel Innovation Partnership
- Marine Commerce Terminal in New Bedford
- Pathways Out Of Poverty
- Production Tracking System
- Solarize Mass
- Woodstove Change-Out
- Workforce Capacity Building
- Wind Technology Testing Center
Commonwealth Wind Program
MassCEC's Commonwealth Wind (CommWind) Program assists appropriately-sited wind energy development in Massachusetts that can help achieve the Commonwealth's goals for a clean environment and a robust economy.
CommWind and its predecessor programs have been providing support to electric customers and the wind development community since 2000 and have helped to establish the Commonwealth as a thought leader in the field of appropriate wind energy development. MassCEC’s programmatic approach to appropriate siting for wind projects combines rigorous project analysis with an understanding of the need for careful, open decision making that involves all stakeholders.
Detailed information regarding the Commonwealth Wind Program is available in the Commonwealth Wind Program Manual (PDF).
MassCEC offers communities and developers assistance in:
- Site Assessments - As the first step in investigating a potential project, a site assessment provides a preliminary evaluation of the potential for wind development on one or more sites.
- Feasibility Studies - Following a site assessment, a feasibility study provides an in-depth analysis of the technical, environmental, regulatory and financial aspects of a wind project at a specific site. Eligible activities include wind resource monitoring, feasibility studies, pre-construction acoustic studies, and business planning activities.
- Development Grants - For projects that have elected to pursue construction, financial assistance is available for projects meeting our requirements.
Documents & Downloads
|Wind Contractor Database||72.5 KB|
Questions? Email Us