- About MassCEC
- About Clean Energy
- Catalyst Program
- Clean Heating and Cooling
- Commonwealth Hydropower
- Commonwealth Organics-to-Energy
- Commonwealth Solar Hot Water
- Commonwealth Solar II
- Commonwealth Wind
- Community Energy Strategies
- Investments in the Advancement of Technology
- Investments in Job Creation
- Mass Solar Connect
- Mass Solar Loan
- Massachusetts as a First Customer
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Internship Program
- Marine Commerce Terminal in New Bedford
- Pathways Out Of Poverty
- Production Tracking System
- Solarize Mass
- Woodstove Change-Out
- Workforce Capacity Building
- Wind Technology Testing Center
Round 6 of the Commonwealth Hydropower Program is now closed. Old program documents are available for reference here. The materials provided at the link below are for reference only.
Sign up for Commonwealth Hydropower emails to stay up to date on future solicitations.
The Commonwealth Hydropower Program seeks to increase the output of the Commonwealth’s hydropower assets by providing grants for ecologically-appropriate projects that can be implemented quickly and efficiently.
Target projects include:
- Upgrades to existing, FERC-licensed or non-jursidictional facilities that will result in greater generation
- Development of new facilities that take advantage of the water flowing in man-made conduits, such as water distribution systems
- Upgrade or development of facilities on FERC-licensed canals
Eligibility is generally limited to projects that can demonstrate a high likelihood of qualifying for the Massachusetts Renewable Energy Portfolio Standard.
- US Department of Energy Funding Opportunities
- Renewable Energy Certificates and the New England Generation Information System.
- MA Renewable Portfolio Standard Summary and Regulations
- Low Impact Hydropower Institute
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Small/Low-Impact Hydropower Program
- FERC January 2012 Webinar on Licenses and Exemptions (slides only - no audio)
- MassCEC FAQ on Municipal Lighting Plant Communities
- MassCEC's Production Tracking System