Investments - Background
MassCEC’s Invesment Program was created in 2009 to help Massachusetts-based clean energy companies grow their businesses in the Commonwealth.
Program goals include:
- Helping early-stage companies advance their technologies through the commercialization stage
- Leveraging outside capital by being part of an established funding round
- Investing in companies likely to create sustainable jobs and generate a financial return
- Supporting technologies that produce clean energy in an economical way, reducing costs to the ratepayer as well as volatility of energy costs over the course of time
- Fill a funding gap by offering loans to early-stage companies at competitive rates