AccelerateMass - Program Background
AccelerateMass was created to serve as a resource for recent accelerator graduates to allow them to reach a stage where they can reach commercial milestones and successfully obtain private investment funding. The goals of the program are to:
- Provide additional funding opportunities for early stage companies to support commercial development;
- Help to build on a company’s momentum by providing a runway from the accelerators to an early stage financing round;
- Encourage cleantech startups to apply to accelerator programs;
- Improve the rate of success for cleantech companies graduating from accelerators;
- Assist out-of-state companies relocating to Massachusetts; and
- Attract private capital to earlier stage companies.