Investing in a Sustainable Future: Economic Growth and Environmental Constraints
Can socially motivated investments lead to changes in the overall quality and direction of economic activity? How can investments help reduce resource extraction and consumption, promoting a sustainable future?
The goal of this conference stimulate lively and interactive discussion about the relationship between economic activity and environmental impacts. The guest speakers are thought leaders from government, academia, and the non-profit and for-profit sectors.
Topics to be discussed:
- Social, economic, and environmental justice
- Pathways toward sustainable agriculture and clean energy
- Links between investments, growth, and environmental sustainability
- Effects of ownership structures on growth and the environment
- Developing a sharing economy
- The power of socially responsible investing
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability initiatives
- How to define, reach, and maintain a practical and sustainable economic scale
For more information and to register go to the conference website: http://enviroecon.org/