- About MassCEC
- About Clean Energy
- Catalyst Program
- Commercial-Scale Biomass Boilers
- Commonwealth Home Heating and Cooling
- Commonwealth Hydropower
- Commonwealth Organics-to-Energy
- Commonwealth Small Pellet Boiler Program
- Commonwealth Solar Hot Water
- Commonwealth Solar II
- Commonwealth Wind
- Community Energy Strategies
- District Energy
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling
- Green Workforce: Energy Efficiency
- Investments in the Advancement of Technology
- Investments in Job Creation
- Massachusetts Clean Energy Internship Program
- Massachusetts Israel Innovation Partnership
- New Bedford Marine Commerce Terminal
- Pathways Out Of Poverty
- Production Tracking System
- Solarize Mass
- Woodstove Change-Out
- Workforce Capacity Building
- Wind Technology Testing Center
Coastal State Series: Economic Tradeoffs in New England Coastal Management
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 16:00 to 18:00
Add to Calendar
University Club on the University of Rhode Island’s Kingston campus
5 Upper College Road02881 Kingston, RI
Kingston, RI -- Dr. Robert Johnston will discuss the economic impacts of climate change to kickoff the first of the Coastal State series on Tuesday, February 25 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the University Club on the University of Rhode Island’s Kingston campus.
If you’re interested in attending, please RSVP to Meredith Haas at
// --> .
Dr. Johnston is a Professor of Economics and the Director for the George Perkins Marsh Institute at Clark University, and former URI Alum where he received his doctorate from the Department of Environmental and Natural Resource Economics. His research focuses on the economic values and tradeoffs of certain coastal management schemes used throughout New England to mitigate climate change impacts from storms, flooding, erosion, and sea level rise. He will explore the challenges of balancing waterfront development with effective protection of coastal ecosystem services and related costs and benefits to management decisions.
This event is free and open to the public, but seating is limited so please contact Meredith Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place or for more information. The University Club is located on Upper College Road on URI’s Kingston Campus (http://www.uri.edu/home/visitors/Map/KingstonCampus.pdf).
The Coastal State series is sponsored by Rhode Island Sea Grant, the URI College of the Environment and Life Sciences, and the URI Coastal Institute. This lecture is also supported by the Rhode Island Shoreline (Beach) Special Area Management Plan.
For more information, visit seagrant.gso.uri.edu.