- EMERGING INITIATIVES
- ABOUT MassCEC
Air Source Heat Pumps - Who's Eligible?
Rebates are available for new or existing homes that meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have Eversource, National Grid, Unitil, or an eligible municipal light plant, as their electric provider.
- Use the installed air-source heat pump (ASHP) for heating consistently throughout the winter.
- Work with a participating installer.
- Install ASHPs from MassCEC’s list of eligible equipment.
- Have had a home energy audit completed within the last four years or have one scheduled within six months of project completion. Please read through our program FAQs for answers to questions about home energy audit requirements and exceptions.
Rebate Type Eligibility
If the project meets the above eligibility requirements, system owners should next determine which rebate type they are eligible for based on the following table:
**New homes and multifamily residences with more than four units do not require an energy audit. If you live in an area with a scheduling backlog, please submit an email confirming you are in the scheduling queue with your application. Please call Mass Save at 866-527-7283 to schedule.
***For purposes of determining rebate levels, MassCEC uses the system’s maximum heating capacity (BTU/hr) at 5°F.
****To receive an Income-Based Rebate, the homeowner must complete one of the accepted income-verification methods. Please see the program manual (section 2.4) for more information about Income-Based Rebates and income verification.