Commonwealth Solar II Block 11
MassCEC is pleased to provide the following program update for the Commonwealth Solar II Rebate Program. As of noon today, June 22, 2012, Block 10 of the Commonwealth Solar II Rebate Program is still open, with $165,116 remaining. Block 10 will remain open until all available funds are reserved or until June 30, 2012 (end of the second calendar quarter), whichever comes first. Block 11 of the Commonwealth Solar II Rebate Program is currently scheduled to launch at 3:00 PM EST on Monday, July 9, 2012.
The Commonwealth Solar II Rebate Program helps finance the installation of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems for residential, non-profit, public, and commercial projects up to 15kW in capacity. Block 11 will consist of $1.5 million and will last until the funds are expended or until the end of the third quarter 2012, whichever is earlier. Quarterly blocks of funding are available for customers of investor owned utilities or Municipal Light Plants that have opted into MassCEC's Renewable Energy Trust.
Please see below for a summary of important program updates. Please note: Full details about all program changes cannot be captured in this email, so please read the program documents carefully!
Block 11 & 12 Rebate Levels (Capacity Measured in DC @ STC)
- Rebate levels will remain the same for Block 11 and Block 12.
- Base Incentive: $0.40/watt
- Massachusetts Company Components Adder: $0.05/watt
- Moderate Home Value Adder/Moderate Income Adder: $0.40/watt
Natural Disaster Relief Adder: $1.00/watt
Program Changes for Block 11
- Qualification for the Moderate Income Adder will be based on an individual's or domestic household's 2011 tax return.
- Installers must submit Version 11 of the Application record. Expedited Installers will continue to upload documentation in PowerClerk. Non-Expedited Installers will continue to email application documents to email@example.com per the instructions in the Program Manual.
- Effective immediately, all project completion deadlines will be extended to one year from the date of approval (the date that the Notice of Award is issued).
- MassCEC incurs a significant financial penalty for incorrect information listed on W-9s. Please make sure to work with System Owners to have these forms written clearly and accurately. When submitting W-9s to MassCEC via email, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org without copying other MassCEC staff.
- The Natural Disaster Relief Adder will be available for customers who have experienced damage from a natural disaster. Please refer to the Program Manual for more detailed requirements.
Block 11 Program documents will be available at www.masscec.com/solar shortly before the launch of Block 11. Again, all changes cannot be captured in this email, so please read the program documents carefully!